• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New Car collection day..... nearly

I assume you are speaking about the above photos.
I wondered about the red grille accent and mirror caps because I think especially the former looks very nice with CW. Would be even nicer if the rear wing end caps were red.
I have looked on Honda's website and cannot find anything relating to this for the FK8, although it was available for the FK2.
Maybe Honda like to keep these things a secret and only the most dedicated(or lucky) can find them. :confused:

Being a long term Honda buyer they offered me the new red fk8 version first. It also has a 400bhp version of the engine ;)

I actually just bought the modulo parts direct from japan - were around £500 all in.

Rather annoyingly my Honda salesman that had said they were relaxed about me modding the car said I would have to sign a disclaimer saying the parts weren’t covered under warranty!! Haha. Ridiculous as I had already asked about I tuner etc!!

Being a long term Honda buyer they offered me the new red fk8 version first. It also has a 400bhp version of the engine
Is the "red" edition going to be officially available but not publicised yet, or is it parts you have had custom fitted?
400 bhp :eek: Is the engine safe to run at this level?

I am obviously far too trusting....I take people at their word.
I will need to remove my Thanks now. :D

:lol:Sorry Ron! The thought of you being so excited about the 400bhp that you didn't read the rest made me laugh!

The red is a nice addition - shame it doesn't quite match the red of the brakes etc.

Crikey... what did I miss??

Anyhow, the snow pretty much melted over the weekend so I braved it into the showroom and brought the car home.

1st impressions are good. This is a bit of a compromise car for Mrs R and myself. Something she can potter to the Supermarket in if she fancies without running out of boot space and something that either of us can make an event of a boring journey by blowing away the cobwebs in, without the whole journey being all about the car. Err, and it's big!!

iPhone pics for now but I'll see about getting some proper ones done and put them in the Members Car thread.

cOe09zA.jpg

tpMWXC3.jpg

deMmr8f.jpg

PFKFkAB.jpg

KKrJ7Do.jpg

The picture of the cockpit... On the infotainment system I can see Type R displayed. I that something you have done or is it factory?

I'm thinking that Honda may have released an update to improve the infotainment system?

That was me. I wanted something to match the red glow from the interior lighting pack so made a quick alternative wallpaper and uploaded it.

That extra spoiler looks like the devils horns..!!! Lovely...

Don't think your driveway or land is big enough though...seems a very tight squeeze....:p

Actually I don't want to be a pr1ck, but doesn't that extra spoiler not let the vortex gens do their thing and push air onto the ironing board? Or is there a gap? Again not knocking it in the slightest

My eyes are drawn to the tailgate spoiler.....it makes a noticeable addition to the car and looks great....I want one! :D Wonder how much West End Garage would charge to fit one.
Also noticed you have your climate control set to 23.5 degrees, thats a bit on the warm side. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I don't want to be a pr1ck, but doesn't that extra spoiler not let the vortex gens do their thing and push air onto the ironing board? Or is their a gap? Again not knocking it in the slightest

Because it's all lies

Actually I don't want to be a pr1ck, but doesn't that extra spoiler not let the vortex gens do their thing and push air onto the ironing board? Or is there a gap? Again not knocking it in the slightest

I think in terms of performance "marginal gains" then it's probably having a negative effect. If I ever find myself unable to get to 176 mph due to the extra drag then I'll certainly berate myself. For the most part I think it looks cool so will risk ending up in a hedge at reasonable(ish) road speeds and take my chances ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My eyes are drawn to the tailgate spoiler.....it makes a noticeable addition to the car and looks great....I want one! :D Wonder how much West End Garage would charge to fit one.
Also noticed you have your climate control set to 23.5 degrees, thats a bit on the warm side. ;)

I suspect West End Honda will spec their next demo car with one.
Honda allow 0.4hrs to fit. It's 4 bolts so I guess that time's allowing for a coffee and biscuit at the end. ;)

Honda allow 0.4hrs to fit. It's 4 bolts so I guess that time's allowing for a coffee and biscuit at the end. ;)
I would expect in the region of £40-£50 labour to fit it then.
Its probably relatively easy to fit, but might be better as a 2 man job.
They are supplied fully painted in your chosen colour and can be bought online from Cox Motor Parts for £327.59, which I assume will be cheaper than a local Honda dealer will charge.
https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/hon...e-r-tailgate-spoiler-championship-white-2017/

I think in terms of performance "marginal gains" then it's probably having a negative effect. If I ever find myself unable to get to 176 mph due to the extra drag then I'll certainly berate myself. For the most part I think it looks cool so will risk ending up in a hedge at reasonable(ish) road speeds and take my chances ;)

Ha yeah its going to be a tiny effect, but Honda bang on about all the aerodynamics being functional and the first hot hatch with real downforce etc, but they allow a bolt on which clearly affects the airflow....

Anyway, get the wheels ceramic coated ASAP. I regret it so much, I cleaned them at the weekend, and although I used that marine wax thingy, the salt had a feast...!

Looks stunning. Roof spoiler is a nice addition too, although as you say, the back end will be uncontrollable now :p

Enjoy!

For a laugh I moved a couple of things around to get a side by side pic.
It's a bit of a big beast!! Makes the Ultima look like a dinky toy.
I'm guessing the relative aerodynamics of a brick makes the difference between 169mph (ok, maybe 168 with my draggy upper wing) and 240mph.

EIZMR7M.jpg

Back