• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Washer fluid motor fuse location

Hello all,

My washer windscreen washer jets aren't working, I can't hear motor so I assume fuse problem,

Can any one point me to the correct fuse/s. I only washer related one in the manual seems to be the headlight washer which I don't have on my car lol

Any ideas?

KR

Hi Loxy

I initially thought they’d just be frozen as you know the UKs being invaded by Russia atm.

Apparently, if there were a freeze in the system somewhere the pumps should still be audible.

I suppose it is possible that the pumps themselves could be frozen hence no noise but it’s been like this for a few days.

As both the front & back have gone I’m assuming fuse as I believe they use different pumps – hence I need to know which fuse to check :confused:

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

It will definitely be just because the pump is frozen, mine is just the same and was like this the other week, as soon as it got above 0 it started working again, it’s the same in my daily polo as well. Let it warm up over the next few days and it will kick in working again, just have to be patient.

If it is frozen though you really don't want to try running it. Pour a decent concentrate into the bottle and wait for it to thaw, otherwise you're possibly trying to run an electric motor across a short which will destroy the pump (if it hasn't been cracked by water expansion into ice inside the pump already).

Back