• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone else falling out of love with their FK8

I don't know if it's the weather or what. I drove a couple of hours last saturday got home and then needed to go out to the local shop. For some reason i didn't want to get back in the FK8 so i took my 2year old navara and enjoyed that.
The Honda is definitely not as much fun to drive as the FK2 and all the squeaks rattles and brake noise i think have taken the fun/love out of it.
I'm thinking of the A45amg, get an ex-demo for 36k with all extras 50k if ordered new. { yes i know the new one is coming out soon but can't afford it}:(
Or i'm just depressed with the weather and lack of work and all will be fine in a month.
Anyone else thinking this:eek:

The FK8 is IMO terrible for interior rattles which seem to be amplified when everything is cold.
It also handles very poorly in the snow, a fact I put down to the super sticky summer tyres that are fitted to it. On Wednesday afternoon I was going up a slight incline on a slippy road and started to struggle, when a Mk.3 Focus behind me pulled out and sailed past me with no problem. :eek:
Having said all that.....I still love my car and think it looks amazing! :cool:

still very much in love here too, I think it's the weather getting you down as if you're like me you can't enjoy the FK8 to its full potential and it's depressing seeing it sat on the drive covered in snow.

in fact I just went out and sat inside mine with the engine running to let the ol' girl warm up a bit, she's been sat motionless for 4d and 18h days now the app is telling me.

The FK8 is IMO terrible for interior rattles which seem to be amplified when everything is cold.
It also handles very poorly in the snow, a fact I put down to the super sticky summer tyres that are fitted to it. On Wednesday afternoon I was going up a slight incline on a slippy road and started to struggle, when a Mk.3 Focus behind me pulled out and sailed past me with no problem. :eek:

Mine is rattle free inside..

Mine is rattle free inside..
Count yourself lucky then dotty, because I reckon you will be in the minority. :D
However you had the other much more major problems whereas mine has been mechanically fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still in love with mine... even *** I haven't driven it yet :)

One of the things with "extreme" cars is that they are fabulous when you're in the mood and sometimes a pain when you're not.
My Ultima GTR stops people and traffic in their step and and on the right day it feels like the best thing and the most awesome in the world to drive.
Most days, I would pay not to have to drive it.

Count yourself lucky then dotty, because I reckon you will be in the minority. :D
However you had the other much more major problems whereas mine has been mechanically fine.

Indeed I have all rectified efficiently and now it’s mechanically fine and rattle free to boot.

I hope your gearbox remains reliable for the foreseeable future.

The issue in snow is the huge tyres, you need skinny winter tyres, I have been using my old EK Civic as my daily, had no issues, powered past a Range Rover that was struggling yesterday :lol:

Took mine out for first time in February on Sunday, great drive. 2 months and 400 miles. I had planned to go to Scotland Sunday for a road trip but that's going to happen!

The issue in snow is the huge tyres, you need skinny winter tyres
Very true, although I had 235 Pilot Sport 3 on my previous car and it was much better in slippy conditions than this one.
I still reckon the SportContact 6 tyres are playing their part in being particularly bad in the snow.

I don't know if it's the weather or what. I drove a couple of hours last saturday got home and then needed to go out to the local shop. For some reason i didn't want to get back in the FK8 so i took my 2year old navara and enjoyed that.
The Honda is definitely not as much fun to drive as the FK2 and all the squeaks rattles and brake noise i think have taken the fun/love out of it.
I'm thinking of the A45amg, get an ex-demo for 36k with all extras 50k if ordered new. { yes i know the new one is coming out soon but can't afford it}:(
Or i'm just depressed with the weather and lack of work and all will be fine in a month.
Anyone else thinking this:eek:

Went through similar with the fk2, I went through spells of loving it then wondering why I bought it, this went on for well over a year and I still can't pin point what the problem was.
You didn't have a good start with yours also the new car feeling is probably passing, I'd go with your head,
and if you do sell up and regret it buy yourself another, pick them up around 28k at the minute

You all sound like you're discussing a long term relationship, yes they can rattle on sometimes but all the suffering will disappear when they wrap their lips around your footlong.

Get it out for a good b road blast, or a track day, if you're still falling out of love you've got the wrong car.

To be fair the FK8 and the Conti's are just simply useless in cold weather wet or dry but then again they are not designed and made for these conditions but in the snow they are fine to my surprise as I found in the FK2 and FK8. Done a good few miles on the white stuff the last few days with no issues at all other than the idiots in front doing 5mph when the conditions are good for a lot better or the Range Rovers / work vans on my tailgate which to be fair have no more grip than me once it comes to applying the brakes.

As for rattles the FK8 is shocking but mine all sorted now with a little patience and a fiver's worth of foam

As for rattles the FK8 is shocking but mine all sorted now with a little patience and a fiver's worth of foam
You spent the time sorting it Rick, and all credit to you :) but its not something one would expect to have to do with a brand new car.
I honestly believe Honda have been a bit lax in the interior quality control department, because there has been far too many reports of interior rattles with the new Civic.

nope. still happy.

i'm having more fun driving my van around right now, but that's simply due to the fact its worth <2k so I'm not worried if I slide off the road. Would be a different matter in the car.

Haven't driven it since tuesday.

Doesn't make me feel any different about it at all though.

Back