• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone else falling out of love with their FK8

You spent the time sorting it Rick, and all credit to you :) but its not something one would expect to have to do with a brand new car.
I honestly believe Honda have been a bit lax in the interior quality control department, because there has been far too many reports of interior rattles with the new Civic.

You are right but I like the car so will sort the rattles and to be fair now I know where they all are its around half hour max to sort and having said that only spent around 1-2 hours now messing with them so still less hassle than going to the dealers and back

I haven't driven mine since Wednesday but looked inside the garage this morning.......and my poor wee car is looking quite sorry for itself - still covered in snow which hasn't melted and absolutely filthy. :(
It wont be out again till Monday morning, but I will be taking the first opportunity I get to wash it.
Yes I know it will just get dirty again almost immediately, but it pains me to see my car in this state. :cry:

Picked my Championship White GT up on Friday, did 6 miles home, nearly slid into the kerb. It is now flithy Put stuff in the boot and glove box today and played with display. The snow has now gone so its out in it tomorrow for the first time. Yes the snow and ice has put me off driving it. !! Do I wash it before I go out or when I come back ?

That depends are you quite fond of car cleaning? If so do it before, drive 100 metres, pull over get out and admire all the salt you need to clean off when you get back!

Congrats on the purchase, great colour. except when it's snowing, then your car looks like a cappucino.

Back to the original question, I am not falling out of love, but I do think I am used to the performance and if I am being brutally honest with myself, 5.5k miles in and still don't think it feels that fast..

I know it is and only looking down at the speedo confirms it, but the sense of speed is missing a bit for me. Wouldn't change it for the world though...so maybe a boob job before too long

if I am being brutally honest with myself, 5.5k miles in and still don't think it feels that fast..
I know it is and only looking down at the speedo confirms it, but the sense of speed is missing a bit for me.
I feel more or less the same....the car just doesn't feel particularly fast...at least low down. It feels very unrefined when attempting to accelerate quickly in the lower gears, but I am impressed with the way it picks up speed in the higher gears with just a gentle prod of the throttle.
Given the choice though I would prefer it lower down.

For those that think it doesn’t feel fast, may I suggest a track day where you can explore its full potential

I would happily be up for that....but definitely not using my own car. ;)

Why not? You will find that track day's are extremely well ran with very few incidents, fairly pointless owning a car like this if you're never going to get close to it's limits.

Why not? You will find that track day's are extremely well ran with very few incidents, fairly pointless owning a car like this if you're never going to get close to it's limits.
I went on a track day at Croft with my old FK2 when it was a few months old. Loads of people at briefing and then later in the pits said I was mental. This one chap had a turbo'd caged EG (I think it was) and I asked him how much he's put into it while he's had it. £20-25k? Not all that different I argued.

Still though I get that some people wouldn't want to risk it.

It did run rings round a lot of cars though not Dooks' Evo but my tyres lasted better so hey ho!

Why not? You will find that track day's are extremely well ran with very few incidents,
fairly pointless owning a car like this if you're never going to get close to it's limits.
I completely disagree.
If you lend me your car I will be delighted to explore it's(or more likely my) limits on a track. :D

I completely disagree.
If you lend me your car I will be delighted to explore it's(or more likely my) limits on a track. :D

Come down to Oulton on the 17th April and pay for an additional driver and you're welcome to take the ep for a spin.

I went on a track day at Croft with my old FK2 when it was a few months old. Loads of people at briefing and then later in the pits said I was mental. This one chap had a turbo'd caged EG (I think it was) and I asked him how much he's put into it while he's had it. £20-25k? Not all that different I argued.

Still though I get that some people wouldn't want to risk it.

It did run rings round a lot of cars though not Dooks' Evo but my tyres lasted better so hey ho!

How did you find the fk on track? From what I can gather they are fairly capable as standard, do you regret parting with it?

Well I think the car is too fast for road, you really can not use all the power, admittedly only had it since Jan so not much dry driving but if you feel it hasn't enough power stick it in R+ switch all the TC off and tell me it is not quick enough. In the wet it is a handful like this and great fun.

The problem with modern cars are they have so many gizmos that it nulls the driving experience so much you don't feel like you are going fast.

I don't know if it's the weather or what. I drove a couple of hours last saturday got home and then needed to go out to the local shop. For some reason i didn't want to get back in the FK8 so i took my 2year old navara and enjoyed that.
The Honda is definitely not as much fun to drive as the FK2 and all the squeaks rattles and brake noise i think have taken the fun/love out of it.
I'm thinking of the A45amg, get an ex-demo for 36k with all extras 50k if ordered new. { yes i know the new one is coming out soon but can't afford it}:(
Or i'm just depressed with the weather and lack of work and all will be fine in a month.
Anyone else thinking this:eek:

Don’t lose heart! I’m sure the crappy weather is making it worse! I couldn’t get my car off the drive for a couple of days and was going stir crazy. It isn’t the easiest car to drive in snow. Bear in mind this weather won’t last for ever and you’ll soon be able to grab your FK8 by the scruff of the neck again! :twisted:

Summer performance tyres don't work on snow or cold conditions, particularly if it's wet as they never get any heat into them. If I still have my car next winter I may invest in a set of winter wheels and tyres.

Or then again I may just leave it in the garage like this week :)

Track the 8. What could go wrong ?

fc044ef468e0dfab1400021b2d64e923.jpg

Back