• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Anyone else falling out of love with their FK8

I took the A45 Amg out for a spin today and it made me smile a lot.
Unfortunately they offered me a very good price on the fk8 and 14k off the Amg so I couldn't say no. I pick it up next week.
I should have stayed with the fk2 and saved a lot of money.
Good luck to all you fk8 owners . I hope you enjoy the car more than I could

Unfortunately they offered me a very good price on the fk8 and 14k off the Amg so I couldn't say no. I pick it up next week.

Any pics of the a45 ?

14k off???? Do explain....

White and yes. Spoiler/sport exhaust/ leather seats and dash . Absolutely everything. And soon to be 440bhp

14k is an incredible discount.....but I'm assuming as you say it has everything on it, it still costs basic list price or more. :D
An amazing car by all accounts....congratulations. :D

Enjoy, I found the build quality of them on a level in terms of poor but if you want power then they are good for that.

How did you find the fk on track? From what I can gather they are fairly capable as standard, do you regret parting with it?
It liked to get the back end loose if you followed into corners with a bit of the brake pedal so nice and playful. Everything was stock except for a cat-back and it handled the day without a hitch, even brakes lasted well. Tyres were done at the end of it though.

I'm glad I bought one, not sorry I sold it. It was too much of a compromise as an all round car and it didn't handle my commute very well.

It liked to get the back end loose if you followed into corners with a bit of the brake pedal so nice and playful. Everything was stock except for a cat-back and it handled the day without a hitch, even brakes lasted well. Tyres were done at the end of it though.

I'm glad I bought one, not sorry I sold it. It was too much of a compromise as an all round car and it didn't handle my commute very well.

Cheers, I was extremely tempted to sell the EP3 and place an order on the FK8 but decided to hold fire a little longer so that I can have both. I'm holding onto the EP until my boy's are old enough to use it, with car manufacturers moving away from na and eventually the petrol engines, it's an experience I don't want them to miss out on.

The fk8 while extremely accomplished didn't have the fun factor of the older car's, far better, plenty quicker but ultimately not as satisfying to pedal. It would make an excellent compromise between daily, occasional track car though and out of the modern hot hatches I've driven it's certainly the most involving.

There's an A45 near me, although quick it doesn't sound engaging to drive. Point and go.

I'm with you Marc, love the n/a and the fact to beat my car people need boost, or a much bigger engine (or both). Says a lot about the K20. It's not super fast but it's fun and all I need for the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's an A45 near me, although quick it doesn't sound engaging to drive. Point and go.

I'm with you Marc, love the n/a and the fact to beat my car people need boost, or a much bigger engine (or both). Says a lot about the K20. It's not super fast but it's fun and all I need for the road.

They still cut it today in my opinion, they lack the ultimate pace of the new boosted hot hatches but they make up for it with character and a sense if speed which is missing from modern car's. My ep when on the boil feels faster than the fk8, it isn't faster but it feels it which is more important to me.

Ive driven a few a45 amg's over the past few weeks too , i think they are excellent. A real event to drive. Ive been offered a decent trade in on my 17 reg black edition fk2 against an fk8 but although the fk8 is a better daily than the fk2, it doesnt feel as much fun in my opinion . As ive said before my fk2 reminds me of my old lancia delta evo ( a car i really regret selling to this day) Its only the driving position of the fk8 thats really appeals as im not a fan of the looks. Im in the minority i know but i love the fk2 in the looks department. So ive been looking at a45 and rs3's which are the next step up , both are great , its not going to be an easy choice. Also considering the new megane just waiting on some group test reviews.

Trouble is I think super hatches have become too powerful for a daily, you can't fully use them legally on the roads. If you plan to track it then fair enough.

Track the 8. What could go wrong ?

fc044ef468e0dfab1400021b2d64e923.jpg

Panicked for a second and thought I’d uploaded this, then saw the blank bits.

If you want to take a step down. :smt077 :hide:

The top spec which will be the trophy has 300 bhp , i think its going to be an epic car, renault sports track history is very good. Im sure a trophy R will follow as well. As i said im looking forward to the group tests.

Now my commute is short but when I took the FK2 to Scotland and back it was fine but more a one off however the FK8 is so relaxed it just eats distance as in how refined this is while having FK2 beating performance even though due to the relaxed drive does not feel as quick due to not being as raw. John you should test drive one but I guess your wife may not be impressed ;)

I have always stated I was gutted when I test drove the FK8 but still bought it as I had to cut the 2 loose due to the suspension issue and that I feel as a driver the FK2 is better place to be however if I drove a FK2 now I am not sure if I could sacrifice the technology and ride to go back.

Back