• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Replacing orange side market bulbs

After looking on civicx.com I am still no clearer in which bulbs to source to replace the orange side market bulbs

The majority of the yanks actively want to replace the white bulbs they get with replacement markers with orange ones so it isn't particularly helpful

Has anyone replaced the bulbs with white? If so which ones did you source?

Thanks

Mike

i am not going to replace them as I like looking like a truck!!! Do these things not flash when indicating or are they just side lights?

They are just side marker lights.
I remember I had a 2002 Volvo S40 which had them front and back .....now this is the first car I've owned that's had them since.

Last edited by a moderator:
After looking on civicx.com I am still no clearer in which bulbs to source to replace the orange side market bulbs

The majority of the yanks actively want to replace the white bulbs they get with replacement markers with orange ones so it isn't particularly helpful

Has anyone replaced the bulbs with white? If so which ones did you source?

Thanks

Mike

Speak to the guys at Dream they have them on the shelf

They are just side marker lights.
I remember I had a 2002 Volvo S40 which had them front and back .....now this is the first car I've owned that's had them since.

I think its a requirement in the US which is why the car has them. I now have Modulo front spots in yellow, bright white headlights and orange side markers. Going to try and find some yellow bulbs to match the spots

Why are you buying from America? :confused:

I looked high and low and couldn't find them in the UK

Amazing that nobody pitches in to help source them but gives me grief for buying in America ! :p

I did consider Led's but didn't want them to be that prominent

I looked high and low and couldn't find them in the UK
This 5W wedge type fitment is extremely common and can be found on the majority of cars in one place or another. Glove box and boot light is most common.
I wasn't giving you grief. :) I was simply very surprised that you went to the bother of ordering all the way from America.

Just thinking about it......would there be legality issues in showing a white light on the side of your car?

Last edited by a moderator:
This 5W wedge type fitment is extremely common and can be found on the majority of cars in one place or another. Glove box and boot light is most common.
I wasn't giving you grief. :) I was simply very surprised that you went to the bother of ordering all the way from America.

Just thinking about it......would there be legality issues in showing a white light on the side of your car?

The answer is no:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/contents/made

Side marker lamps must be amber according to the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989

I was wondering about these side marker lights, as I couldn't remember seeing them lit up on my car. and during daytime with the running lights on they don't illuminate.

it was only when I move the light stalk from auto > On that they came on, and no they don't flash with the indicators either and so I guess you'll only look like a truck at night-time.

but it got me thinking wouldn't it be nice is if there was a red bulb option to tie it into the Type R theme. :smt023

Back