• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type-R FK8 Rallye Red

My First Honda :)

Bit of an impulsive purchase but I really like the totally OTT looks. The more vents, scoops and wings the better in my book. All my wife was bothered about was that it had a big enough boot to take the weekly shopping so I guess that’s a win / win :)

When I went to collect it from the Dealer last week she dropped me off in her MX5 and I followed her home. When we got back she said it looked really intimidating in the rear view mirror so another win.

Anyhow, I got it optioned with the upper tailgate spoiler and the interior lighting pack. I saw a photo of a white FK8 with the upper spoiler and was hooked on the idea. I may change the main rear wing for a carbon one later but for now got the original wrapped in carbon to match the rest of the trim. I have to confess I like the look.

wbZklFa.jpg

Wr1FpVp.jpg

9K7kQvs.jpg

LIdyHVI.jpg

govMmvo.jpg

C8s4K4I.jpg

Although I don't intend that this will live in the garage all the time, I thought I would move some things around to squeeze it in for a photo just to show how big a brute of a car it is. Not quite sure when "hot hatch" changed to "fairly big car" but it makes my Ultima look like a dinky toy in comparison.

cvqUBi7.jpg

So far, I like it. A lot. :)

One of my mates is a car photography geek so I guess I will end up with decent pics later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice indeed. Roof spoiler is a fair addition, looks purposeful! :smt023

You have plenty of good photo locations around you Jim. :)
Car is looking great....and the upper tailgate spoiler really compliments the look. :cool: I definitely think it should have been standard from the factory....but on the up side it gives the option to add a touch of individuality.

That looks stunning bud, wasn't sure on the new type R's but the more I see them I'm growing quite fond of them :smt023

As much as I like the colour of my car, it's just not possible to get that level of shine from the paintwork.
That looks brilliant. :cool:
Definitely not a 5 minute job. :lol:

Thanks.

I quite enjoy pottering at detailing but don't have anything like the patience or attention span as the proper guys. I get my F360 done every year and 2 blokes spend all day at it, so over 20 man-hours, which is way beyond my levels.

I'm not really intending to keep the Civic in the garage but there's a space at the moment till my Stratos turns up so I thought I'd take advantage of it.

I quite enjoy pottering at detailing but don't have anything like the patience or attention span as the proper guys
Oh I don't know.....those photos look at least as good as any professional job I've seen. :cool:

You could always build another garage. :)

Some more pics from today. I've really neglected the Honda recently and it's been sitting in the garage under a cover for the past couple of months. Anyhow, a couple of hundred miles of just buzzing around the back roads and I'm reminded how bleeding effortlessly rapid this thing is. Still think I need to do something with the exhaust to get it a good bit louder but it's good to be back in the saddle.

hLrB9YI.jpg

HtOVjJe.jpg

McuD8dP.jpg

wwmLnPw.jpg

gn0LuxH.jpg

I'm willing to look after it and keep it ticking along when you neglect it in the future

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back