• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Am I being thick.. setting Autolock

I didn't know this either, so the FK8 folds the mirrors with a simple double click, while the FK2 needs a firm push. I guess that's what they call progress :lol: and saves us getting thumb calluses. LOL

I was reading earlier that there is a setting to auto lock the car.
148b6ec6ecc8ee0896483cf446ac74e6.jpg

I didn't know this either, so the FK8 folds the mirrors with a simple double click, while the FK2 needs a firm push. I guess that's what they call progress :lol: and saves us getting thumb calluses. LOL

My FK8 needs an extended second press to fold the mirrors and the "How it Works" manual confirms that a second press is required within 10 seconds of the first press and that it needs holding until the mirrors start to fold. In reality the second press is probably only just over a second, but a quick second press does nothing on mine.

My FK8 needs an extended second press to fold the mirrors and the "How it Works" manual confirms that a second press is required within 10 seconds of the first press and that it needs holding until the mirrors start to fold. In reality the second press is probably only just over a second, but a quick second press does nothing on mine.
It is incredible to believe that how the central locking system works varies from car to car on the FK8.....but if what you say is true then it obviously must. :eek::eek:

It is incredible to believe that how the central locking system works varies from car to car on the FK8.....but if what you say is true then it obviously must. :eek::eek:

Mine works as per the user manual supplied with the car.

Perhaps you have a slow press :)

Mine works as per the user manual supplied with the car.

Perhaps you have a slow press :)
I haven't read what you quoted, but I've just been out in my car and paid particular attention to how I locked it....2 identical quick presses was all it required.
Definitely no holding of the button. :)
You only need to leave a small gap in between for the initial locking phase.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read what you quoted, but I've just been out in my car and paid particular attention to how I locked it....2 identical quick presses was all it required.
You only need to leave a small gap in between for the initial locking phase.

All I can say is that my FK8 doesn't fold the mirrors without an extended second press, and that is consistent with the Honda manual supplied with the car.

I don't disbelieve your experience at all, and as you say it's weird that cars behave differently. TBH as long as I know what to do on my car I'm not too fussed one way or the other.

I am with you Mark tried it tonight defo needs the hold down on the second press, double click doesn't work for me. Think our cars are quicker cos of it to be honest

Walk away lock is one of those features that's in the manual, but caveated as not being available on all models. The menu option isn't there on my car so presumed it's not on the Type R or maybe all UK models.

Well who cares what the manual says because it's clearly not correct in all cases.
Vortexhunter agreed with me....no long second press required. :)
I have owned 2 previous keyless cars and they didn't require a long second press either to deadlock and fold mirrors.
So if we want to be silly about it....our cars are definitely quicker to lock. :lol:

Well who cares what the manual says because it's clearly not correct in all cases.
Vortexhunter agreed with me....no long second press required. :)
I have owned 2 previous keyless cars and they didn't require a long second press either to deadlock and fold mirrors.
So if we want to be silly about it....our cars are definitely quicker to lock. :lol:

I've been doing it since I tried. I am going to try faster presses (like clicks) to see if it also folds, maybe the definition of "long" press is 500 ms! I did the long press because the rep at Honda told me so during my 1 hour car induction :lol:

I have a theory why Mark and the person who is with him FaNtheMaN believe a long second press is needed and a double click does nothing.......maybe you are both doing a "double click" like you would do with a mouse, in which case the car will simply just single lock. You need to wait till you hear the car locking after the first press, then you can press again for double locking and fold mirrors.....but this second press does not need to be held down, it can be exactly the same as the first press.
If you want to hold the button down it will still do the same job however. :)
I would be astounded if I tried my locking method on your cars and it didn't work. :eek:

sorry Ron but I think there must be a difference here between cars, I tried your approach i.e. the one click of the lock button (hear the doors lock), wait a bit (but no more than 1 or 2 seconds) and then a second click results in no folding mirrors.

only if I press and hold the lock (1 very long click) or do 1 click, pause, and a 2nd longer click do the mirrors fold.

Also just tried this and it's hold down only on the FK2, neighbours must have thought I was a right pleb standing there fobbing away

Weird.....very weird. :smt017
Just to be clear I am talking about the button on the door, not the key fob.
Ok then....I give up. :lol:
As long as we know what works for our particular car, then naturally keep on doing it. :)

Weird.....very weird. :smt017
Just to be clear I am talking about the button on the door, not the key fob.
Ok then....I give up. :lol:
As long as we know what works for our particular car, then naturally keep on doing it. :)

Are you really taking about the button on the door? I was talking about the key fob....I never use that button and actually forgot it was there...

Are you really taking about the button on the door?
I was talking about the key fob....I never use that button and actually forgot it was there...
Yep have always been talking about the button on the door...I thought we all were. :)
My fob is always in my pocket, so for me it would reduce the convenience of the keyless feature if I had to take it out of my pocket every time I wanted to lock the car.
This most likely means that all our cars do lock in the same way. No wonder I couldn't understand why some appeared to be different. :lol:

Back