• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Same here with the clocks. Replaced all of the bulbs about a year ago thinking it would sort out the dim parts of the km/h but all it did was brighten up the bits already lit due to the old bulbs being slightly burnt on their tips.

Take it back out and check the bulb dude. That's not right. Nice work on the car. I actually love this thread :D

Take it back out and check the bulb dude. That's not right. Nice work on the car. I actually love this thread :D

I did mate, changed it for another (as I got a few spare from the new pack), same thing. It's just that area it seems. Is yours not like this? Take a pic for me pls

Not the greatest photo as my Galaxy S7 is poor in dark shots but here is my EP3 clocks. Not quite as bad as in your photo but there is a noticeable difference in both sides of the KM/H.
nBDF5BN.jpg

It could be because the bulb is directly behind the KM/H top end side and not on the lower end side.

That looks like mine when it's very dark and it has a chance to properly illuminate but there is clearly a difference between the left and right side as you said. FFS honda ;d

I did mate, changed it for another (as I got a few spare from the new pack), same thing. It's just that area it seems. Is yours not like this? Take a pic for me pls

Sorry dude, only just saw this message. Ill take a picture of mine later when its dark. I just went out and its far too bright to see anything barely light up haha. It does look like its a common "bug" that is part for the design on the EP3 looking at stu1873s picture. Ive always wondered if there was a way of getting the back off the dials and some how brightening the dials all up.... Like making the plastic a bit more see-though as such. LEDs have been tried but they can create the opposite affect and you have bright patches...

Ive been tempted to fit a remote sensor and RGB lights in the past but it would be hell of a job. :D

Finally got my shaft! It was postponed for over a month and then a week for the delivery but so worth it, feels really well made!

WZX0AIFh.jpg

Car is going to TGM tomorrow to get all the parts fitted and then I might have an early Christmas present for it waiting this weekend, if all goes well :)

After that I think I will give it a break for a while and just enjoy driving it.... At least that's the plan :D

My clocks look the same, was going to look at replacing the bulbs but I won't being as it didn't seem to work for you! :(

How did it go after being at tgm for all the bits to be fitted?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

How did it go after being at tgm for all the bits to be fitted?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Very good so far. It was actually a bit painful because after they fitted all the new parts, the car was still making the same noise underneath. They then took some spare parts from one of their EP3 racecars and put those on there to test and still nothing, meaning the issue was not with the intermediate driveshaft at all (even though the new one as lot less play and is much stronger). They then proceeded to take pretty much the entire front side of the car off (every moving part was removed, inspected and re-seated) to only find out that the Eibach Spacers at the front were not tight enough....

I mean they weren't loose to the point of wobble, but enough to cause a hell of a noise and wobble at anything greater than 30mph. That said the rack refurb job is amazing, the car literally feels like a new car to steer and is so much more direct. There is a small downside where it is almost too stiff at the moment and the steering wheel does not centre (like even worse than before) but that is starting to become better as the mileage climbs up. The car is going back there on Tuesday so they can see if something was over-tightened and adjust the stiffness.

I also managed to steam clean the entire interior and thoroughly wash the seats with Woolite. Now it smells like the entire car has just come out of the washing machine and it is sparkling clean :D

Overall I am very happy with it, it drives spot on, it rides great and there are no weird noises anymore. When the weather clears up a bit and I give the car a proper wash as it's filthy at the moment, I will upload some pictures of the work.

Well it's been some time and I should probably update this... Not much has happened, mainly small fixes and improvements and a lot of happy driving :)

To start off, I took shot at replacing my steering wheel badge as mine was dented in the middle:

rmmFmyeh.jpg

mG9dFShh.jpg

This took a lot longer to remove than I thought it would and it wouldn't come out in 1 piece lol. Anyway, new one on:

aIF6UfDh.jpg

uocoPovh.jpg

w3zw9vUh.jpg

Then I gave my plug cover a polish as the clear coat had started to go matte. Slapped on a H tune sticker too as I had one laying around:

Po0X6Gvh.jpg

Then I gave the air filter a wash:

t5pqwilh.jpg

G2X6MCDh.jpg

And then re-oiled it so it's nice fresh red again:

MvbAJjPh.jpg

The next morning my battery died and car won't start. Got one delivered the day after:

r0bPsybh.jpg

I don't think I did anything for a while after that so I just have a picture of our usual meet up:

33LUcvph.jpg

On the way back my windscreen cracked as a pretty decent stone flew at me from the back of a lorry. Booked a replacement for the weekend:

CzaY6X2h.jpg

GxDmlqCh.jpg

It's lovely not having 99999 stonechips and being able to actually see in directly sunlight :)

Then I washed it and took some photos before a little trip to Goodwood with Fred and his FN2:

gQF8rOeh.jpg

6IhtB1th.jpg

JZIVwBkh.jpg

XxYruTYh.jpg

Fast forward to earlier last week, I had enough of the rattle from my Tegiwa M intake so I got the old man to make me a braket from some spare alloy he had. This is what we came up with:

rTkDW1Mh.jpg

gwEVoPYh.jpg

It was then covered in insulation tape and some sound deadening tape on the back (which will bolt onto the intake) to avoid scratches ect.

G1ZqoLYh.jpg

And this is where we decided to mount it. Perfect flush fit :)

LDN1ZWMh.jpg

With great pain I took a drill to the intake (6.5mm) and got a stainless steel bolt through (around 18mm long). It was then tightened to the intake with a square nut and after that attached to the bracket via another nut as seen below:

G14aDowh.jpg

fuygQbuh.jpg

l17FzNth.jpg

I can happily say that there are no more rattles, I also put some new soft pads on the back of it and it now barely if at all touches the plastic panel it used to rest on. Not too bad for about 2 hours worth of hammering a piece of metal and measuring back and forth a few times :D

Oh yeah I almost forgot, finally got the time to change my gear shifter assembly for the new unit, I don't have a pic of it fitted but I am sure you all know what it looks like. Here is the old POS... It now shifts like a dream:

R3hPOAhh.jpg

It's going in the bin but if anyone wants the solid bushes (they are 3 months old) then I will post them to you. Just pay postage and buy me a cider down the pub.

It also appear that the boot cover was making creaking noises when down, so I installed some more sound deadening tape around the edges where it sits and that has now rectified it:

Syo4bD9h.jpg

And that is everything I have for you, once again sorry about the crap quality of the pictures lol.

wicked buddy i may take my shifter bushes off drove great before fitted those lol

Yah man I went after the hype but it turned out to make it worse and added more vibration to the shifter box if anything. The new shifter assembly's rubber bushes are actually quite hard to begin with but still absorb vibration.

I see your car is coming along nicely too :)

Yah man I went after the hype but it turned out to make it worse and added more vibration to the shifter box if anything. The new shifter assembly's rubber bushes are actually quite hard to begin with but still absorb vibration.

I see your car is coming along nicely too :)

yeah man money pits int they and i wanna get the mugen steering wheel badge i think its sickkk lol

I'm new to the forum and I don't currently own any type of Honda (I actually have a BMW M140) but I've found myself trawling through lots of forums recently, looking at these amazing EP3 builds and I feel like i'm getting the bug!!

I've especially enjoyed reading this one! You've taken your time and done things to a high standard and it looks so rewarding!

Out of curiosity - what did you pay for the car and since ownership, how much do you think you have spent on it?

Also, do you have social media, like instagram? If you post updates on there, I'd love to keep track of the build :)

I'm new to the forum and I don't currently own any type of Honda (I actually have a BMW M140) but I've found myself trawling through lots of forums recently, looking at these amazing EP3 builds and I feel like i'm getting the bug!!

I've especially enjoyed reading this one! You've taken your time and done things to a high standard and it looks so rewarding!

Out of curiosity - what did you pay for the car and since ownership, how much do you think you have spent on it?

Also, do you have social media, like instagram? If you post updates on there, I'd love to keep track of the build :)

M140 is a good car, you are a lucky man :)

I paid £3500 for the car last year and since ownership I've spent in excess of £6k on it so far. Probably more if I really dig down in invoices from TGM and bare in mind the full respray of the car was free of charge as I did half of the work myself and in return created the guys a website, business cards, logos ect.. A respray for a car of this size from a reputable shop is around £2000-£2500 from what I've found.

I try not to think about the figures, makes me wonder if I made the wrong choice, but all it takes is a sunny Sunday drive to bring back the reasons for owning it. And no mate I don't really do any social media related stuff on it, it's got to a point where barely anything else will change (famous last words I know lol) so for now it's maintain and drive.

Back