• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

A Yaris or Aygo? :eek:

Indeed haha. I shall make a "build thread" for that as well, as there are a few small bits I want to improve but it is all going to be economy and looks focused, no coilovers or rust repairs here! :D

ttK3BBbh.jpg

Indeed haha. I shall make a "build thread" for that as well, as there are a few small bits I want to improve but it is all going to be economy and looks focused, no coilovers or rust repairs here! :D

ttK3BBbh.jpg

You can still come to Simply Japanese in July though.

We could be cruel and exclude him because it's really a Citroën C1 or Peugeot 108 in Toyota garb ;)

75mpg is very optimistic. I have a C1, albeit the older model and get 55mpg (measured by brimming the tank as no computer). Have they changed the engine at all?
Great cars though, lots of character! I’ve had mine for 4 years / 30k miles and it’s cost me very little.

We could be cruel and exclude him because it's really a Citroën C1 or Peugeot 108 in Toyota garb ;)

Haha yeah they are a joint venture but this is the JDM car shell so I qualify :D

75mpg is very optimistic. I have a C1, albeit the older model and get 55mpg (measured by brimming the tank as no computer). Have they changed the engine at all?
Great cars though, lots of character! I’ve had mine for 4 years / 30k miles and it’s cost me very little.

What is the engine code for yours? Also what type of journeys do you do, mainly motorway or ?

People report around 60 mpg on the Toyota forums, some in the high 60s some high 50s, but their journeys vary a lot. I guess we ll find out if it's true this week, it has a trip computer with various settings and tracking so I will see what it shows after 3-4 days of trips to London.

Haha yeah they are a joint venture but this is the JDM car shell so I qualify :D

What is the engine code for yours? Also what type of journeys do you do, mainly motorway or ?

People report around 60 mpg on the Toyota forums, some in the high 60s some high 50s, but their journeys vary a lot. I guess we ll find out if it's true this week, it has a trip computer with various settings and tracking so I will see what it shows after 3-4 days of trips to London.

I haven’t a clue about the engine code, sorry. A quick google says ‘1KR-FE’??

My journeys are mostly short, 4 miles or so, which is what the car is designed for after all :) I fill it up about once a month and cover about 400 miles per tank (until the light/beep).
I’ve driven it from Cardiff to Gatwick a couple of times and the fuel economy has improved slightly but not by much, though I probably wasn’t trying to drive it economically - it tends to like 80mph more than 70 but the economy probably suffers for it.

Just to confirm, I’m not criticising it, I love owning it and would recommend them to anyone. Does the new shape have cruise control? I’m just thinking of a reason for the potential better economy.

Wonder how long till you miss the Civic :lol:

Oh I will miss it on day one, but this is for the better in the long run. The next car will more than make up for it :)

I haven’t a clue about the engine code, sorry. A quick google says ‘1KR-FE’??

My journeys are mostly short, 4 miles or so, which is what the car is designed for after all :) I fill it up about once a month and cover about 400 miles per tank (until the light/beep).
I’ve driven it from Cardiff to Gatwick a couple of times and the fuel economy has improved slightly but not by much, though I probably wasn’t trying to drive it economically - it tends to like 80mph more than 70 but the economy probably suffers for it.

Just to confirm, I’m not criticising it, I love owning it and would recommend them to anyone. Does the new shape have cruise control? I’m just thinking of a reason for the potential better economy.

Yeah I believe mine is the same code, 68bhp right? The 2019 ones have a slight bumper change and what not, but they apparently have a new engine and box, and 4 more hp (but they have to pay road tax and I don't haha).

Yeah it is aimed to be an Urban car but apparently 60-70 motorway journeys is where the quoted 70+ mpg comes into play, who knows I guess we'll find out. Either way it's way better than the Civic for it and I didn't want to daily it into London if I'm honest, as good as the Bilsteins are, London's roads are terrible in the area I work.

Got any pics of yours?

I used to daily my old Civic into London, 75 miles each day meant a tank of fuel every four days. Don’t miss those bills!

A guy at work has the same Aygo, his is a slightly more understated grey colour though. No idea what MPG he gets, but he’s happy with it.

Be like many of us, spend 4-5k/yr on a train ticket :)

That works if you are in Central London, but for me for example I work in Ealing and it only takes 50 mins to an hour to get there from my house. The Aygo should not use more than £140-£150 a month for it, so per year we are talking maximum £1800 for fuel.

I used to daily my old Civic into London, 75 miles each day meant a tank of fuel every four days. Don’t miss those bills!

A guy at work has the same Aygo, his is a slightly more understated grey colour though. No idea what MPG he gets, but he’s happy with it.

Well I was looking for a gunmetal grey one but they did not have the spec that I wanted, so it was a choice between this and red, and the red already looked faded so I thought might as well go as extravagant as possible :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Be like many of us, spend 4-5k/yr on a train ticket :)

Funnily enough I also work in Ealing, the train connections from where I used to live to there were horrendous. That plus shift work meant there was always a risk of finishing after the trains stopped running.

Now it’s not so bad, I live half the distance away that I used to and have a bike that does 100+MPG.

Not to worry SK-R. eventually you'll try making yours act like the Aygo Crazy - https://www.evo.co.uk/toyota/aygo/6659/toyota-aygo-crazy

Hahaha yes I saw that a while back, definitely bonkers.

I only found a single picture of a "modified" AYGO of my model about, looks quite cool tbh:

S3oAvXs.jpg

Although that one does have a ridiculous wing and is literally slammed, I do dig the black badges, lowering in general would be good on them and some nice 15x6.5J wheels perhaps. But then again, MPG would probably suffer for it, and the whole point of this car for me is to allow me to buy the big toys I've always fancied in a year or two time :)

Back