• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

All that work and you have let it go so quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I know, circumstances changed and it is what it is.

I should be back in something powerful within the next 2 years though, if the house purchase goes as planned :)

Keep up lad :p

Little early birthday present from me to me :)
7c4462639dbd0c3d8876ee9df9ea2f8d.jpg

I know this is raising the dead, so I'm hoping you're still here. I saw around pg8/9 that you'd pulled the skirts off, I'm wondering what you used as a replacement for the tacky adhesive that held the skirt against the chassis on the rectangular foam block at the start of the rubber strip?

I know this is raising the dead, so I'm hoping you're still here. I saw around pg8/9 that you'd pulled the skirts off, I'm wondering what you used as a replacement for the tacky adhesive that held the skirt against the chassis on the rectangular foam block at the start of the rubber strip?

I am still alive and kicking :D

I used some sort of a glue/3M sticky tape from what I can remember. I tried to keep it as OEM as possible so you couldn't tell that it was taken apart.

I am still alive and kicking :D

I used some sort of a glue/3M sticky tape from what I can remember. I tried to keep it as OEM as possible so you couldn't tell that it was taken apart.

I've ordered some 3M VHB tape, I have a feeling that might be a little too aggressive, but we'll see. I've also got some proper weather seal adhesive for the rubber strip which is going to be a bit annoying to use, but hopefully a little more flexible and long-term than superglue. I tend to have issues with glue, so this could all be all new and exciting experience. :) I also bought 20 new clips with the foam mounts since the old mounts for those white slide clips the skirt slots into had all compressed and would probably let water in.

If you ever do work out exactly what you used I'd love to know.

I hope the Aygo is providing at least some level of amusement, thanks for the quick response.

I've ordered some 3M VHB tape, I have a feeling that might be a little too aggressive, but we'll see. I've also got some proper weather seal adhesive for the rubber strip which is going to be a bit annoying to use, but hopefully a little more flexible and long-term than superglue. I tend to have issues with glue, so this could all be all new and exciting experience. :) I also bought 20 new clips with the foam mounts since the old mounts for those white slide clips the skirt slots into had all compressed and would probably let water in.

If you ever do work out exactly what you used I'd love to know.

I hope the Aygo is providing at least some level of amusement, thanks for the quick response.

Yeah I did the same, new clips and foam pads as I ended up breaking most of them on the first skirt till I realised the way it's actually meant to be removed was different :D

The VHB tape should be fine btw.

Back