Home
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Quote Originally Posted by SK-R View Post
    M140 is a good car, you are a lucky man

I paid 3500 for the car last year and since ownership I've spent in excess of 6k on it so far. Probably more if I really dig down in invoices from TGM and bare in mind the full respray of the car was free of charge as I did half of the work myself and in return created the guys a website, business cards, logos ect.. A respray for a car of this size from a reputable shop is around 2000-2500 from what I've found.

I try not to think about the figures, makes me wonder if I made the wrong choice, but all it takes is a sunny Sunday drive to bring back the reasons for owning it. And no mate I don't really do any social media related stuff on it, it's got to a point where barely anything else will change (famous last words I know lol) so for now it's maintain and drive.
    Don't get me wrong, the M140 is a nice car but it comes with a hefty price tag >.>

Oh sh*t, I thought as much. I can tell that all of you guys that restore these to a high standard spend a lot of money to do so.

For the immaculate car you now have and the experience/memories you have gained doing the project, I'd say 10,000 isn't too bad

I've never even driven one of these, I've got no idea if I'd even like it but the urge to get one as a project is real strong!

Performance wise, is yours completely standard?

Quote Originally Posted by F16BJR View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the M140 is a nice car but it comes with a hefty price tag >.>

Oh sh*t, I thought as much. I can tell that all of you guys that restore these to a high standard spend a lot of money to do so.

For the immaculate car you now have and the experience/memories you have gained doing the project, I'd say 10,000 isn't too bad

I've never even driven one of these, I've got no idea if I'd even like it but the urge to get one as a project is real strong!

Performance wise, is yours completely standard?
    Well apart from the Fujitsubu Exhaust and Carbon Intake, power wise it's standard. Those probably add a few bhp but nothing major since it has not been remapped and still has original exhaust manifold and cat in.

They are fun project cars and very RAW compared to your BMW. When I sold my M3 and got into this, it felt so light and nimble haha.
    2004 Civic Type R - Current - Build Thread
    1999 Integra Type R - Gone

Could have paid 10k for a nice FN2 like mine, so only minor spend and bling to do.

But then you would not have had the fun doing the project and producing such a superb example.

That said I've spend about 2k on wheel refurb, partial respray and a load of little "improvements" in the 18 months of ownership.
    And getting documented 215 HP without any mods.
    Wilmo
    FN2 CTR GT & 1.8 Si in Milano Red

Quote Originally Posted by Wilmo View Post
    Could have paid 10k for a nice FN2 like mine, so only minor spend and bling to do.

But then you would not have had the fun doing the project and producing such a superb example.

That said I've spend about 2k on wheel refurb, partial respray and a load of little "improvements" in the 18 months of ownership.
    And getting documented 215 HP without any mods.
    I could of bought a lot of good things for 10k, the point of it was that I didn't have that 10k laying around to throw at once though and also as with any car, I will not keep it standard. So that 10k would of gone to 15k lol
    2004 Civic Type R - Current - Build Thread
    1999 Integra Type R - Gone

I've had 2 ep3 and 1 Fn2, and I have enjoyed both. The ep3 is more type r than the Fn2. Saying that I would have an Fn2 again but it would have to be a CW.
    R#3- Cosmic Grey 06 plate Prem EP3
    R#2- Nighthawk Black FN2 GT, R#1- Satin Silver Prem EP3

Quote Originally Posted by SK-R View Post
    I could of bought a lot of good things for 10k, the point of it was that I didn't have that 10k laying around to throw at once though and also as with any car, I will not keep it standard. So that 10k would of gone to 15k lol
    Point taken, I only had it "laying about" because I sold my 120D BM.
    My 10k has gone over 12k given what I have spent.
    Wilmo
    FN2 CTR GT & 1.8 Si in Milano Red