• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

M140 is a good car, you are a lucky man :)

I paid £3500 for the car last year and since ownership I've spent in excess of £6k on it so far. Probably more if I really dig down in invoices from TGM and bare in mind the full respray of the car was free of charge as I did half of the work myself and in return created the guys a website, business cards, logos ect.. A respray for a car of this size from a reputable shop is around £2000-£2500 from what I've found.

I try not to think about the figures, makes me wonder if I made the wrong choice, but all it takes is a sunny Sunday drive to bring back the reasons for owning it. And no mate I don't really do any social media related stuff on it, it's got to a point where barely anything else will change (famous last words I know lol) so for now it's maintain and drive.

Don't get me wrong, the M140 is a nice car but it comes with a hefty price tag >.>

Oh sh*t, I thought as much. I can tell that all of you guys that restore these to a high standard spend a lot of money to do so.

For the immaculate car you now have and the experience/memories you have gained doing the project, I'd say £10,000 isn't too bad :)

I've never even driven one of these, I've got no idea if I'd even like it but the urge to get one as a project is real strong! :D

Performance wise, is yours completely standard?

Don't get me wrong, the M140 is a nice car but it comes with a hefty price tag >.>

Oh sh*t, I thought as much. I can tell that all of you guys that restore these to a high standard spend a lot of money to do so.

For the immaculate car you now have and the experience/memories you have gained doing the project, I'd say £10,000 isn't too bad :)

I've never even driven one of these, I've got no idea if I'd even like it but the urge to get one as a project is real strong! :D

Performance wise, is yours completely standard?

Well apart from the Fujitsubu Exhaust and Carbon Intake, power wise it's standard. Those probably add a few bhp but nothing major since it has not been remapped and still has original exhaust manifold and cat in.

They are fun project cars and very RAW compared to your BMW. When I sold my M3 and got into this, it felt so light and nimble haha.

Could have paid £10k for a nice FN2 like mine, so only minor spend and bling to do.

But then you would not have had the fun doing the project and producing such a superb example.

That said I've spend about £2k on wheel refurb, partial respray and a load of little "improvements" in the 18 months of ownership.
And getting documented 215 HP without any mods.

Could have paid £10k for a nice FN2 like mine, so only minor spend and bling to do.

But then you would not have had the fun doing the project and producing such a superb example.

That said I've spend about £2k on wheel refurb, partial respray and a load of little "improvements" in the 18 months of ownership.
And getting documented 215 HP without any mods.

I could of bought a lot of good things for 10k, the point of it was that I didn't have that 10k laying around to throw at once though and also as with any car, I will not keep it standard. So that 10k would of gone to 15k lol

I've had 2 ep3 and 1 Fn2, and I have enjoyed both. The ep3 is more type r than the Fn2. Saying that I would have an Fn2 again but it would have to be a CW.

I could of bought a lot of good things for 10k, the point of it was that I didn't have that 10k laying around to throw at once though and also as with any car, I will not keep it standard. So that 10k would of gone to 15k lol

Point taken, I only had it "laying about" because I sold my 120D BM.
My 10k has gone over 12k given what I have spent.

Decided to go to Wales for a nice drive out a few weeks ago when the weather was perfect. Managed to drive from Surrey to Snowdonia and back, left at 6:30am and came home at 11pm. Cars were flawless all day :)

Here are some shots from the trip:

xhAcvaNh.jpg

JSh5iMMh.jpg

s9UiFJjh.jpg

1qyrPdMh.jpg

wkJmLsQh.jpg

Also a few drone shots too:

2RUKwglh.jpg

7OE5ERJh.jpg

qx1Lvz5h.jpg

QMlzAeDh.jpg

And I guess on a slightly different note, due to a change in Jobs requiring me to drive into London every day I think the Civic might be going up for sale pretty soon... Not 100% sure on it yet but it seems to be the most logical step, especially since a purchase of property is now on the cards next year.

Regardless of that, I think it is time I give the car a proper detail, inside out clean and then check the underside and refresh anything if needed. Got some new Stoptech pads to go on the front as well as they are getting low-ish.

Decided to go to Wales for a nice drive out a few weeks ago when the weather was perfect. Managed to drive from Surrey to Snowdonia and back, left at 6:30am and came home at 11pm. Cars were flawless all day :)

Here are some shots from the trip:

xhAcvaNh.jpg

JSh5iMMh.jpg

s9UiFJjh.jpg

1qyrPdMh.jpg

wkJmLsQh.jpg

Also a few drone shots too:

2RUKwglh.jpg

7OE5ERJh.jpg

qx1Lvz5h.jpg

QMlzAeDh.jpg

And I guess on a slightly different note, due to a change in Jobs requiring me to drive into London every day I think the Civic might be going up for sale pretty soon... Not 100% sure on it yet but it seems to be the most logical step, especially since a purchase of property is now on the cards next year.

Regardless of that, I think it is time I give the car a proper detail, inside out clean and then check the underside and refresh anything if needed. Got some new Stoptech pads to go on the front as well as they are getting low-ish.

Was an incredible day mate, the roads were epic. Like you say the cars were flawless until my driveshaft sh!t itself the next day. Was good to me hanging on for the 700 mile trip in one day! We will have to arrange another one soon :cool: maybe in Europe?

Was an incredible day mate, the roads were epic. Like you say the cars were flawless until my driveshaft sh!t itself the next day. Was good to me hanging on for the 700 mile trip in one day! We will have to arrange another one soon :cool: maybe in Europe?

I was looking at going to Amsterdam to their Japfest in October if you guys are up for the European drive?

Final few pictures before the sale advert is composed later this evening... It will be missed.

ZEDT75bh.jpg

zPvaptoh.jpg

TxRtP7Th.jpg

HwpypPPh.jpg

Picking up my new daily on Tuesday, shall post some pics of that when it arrives.

Final few pictures before the sale advert is composed later this evening... It will be missed.
Picking up my new daily on Tuesday, shall post some pics of that when it arrives.

Shame it is going but someone will get a bloody good car for their money!

Back