• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

I'm in awe at your work so far.... nothing short of fantastic, i'm 100% jealous of that engine bay now.

I feel so lazy, but I'll have to live with that because I won't do anything about it while it works haha!

Great work. Goes to show what some basic TLC, hard work & elbow grease can get you. Keep it up.

Thank you mate, and I know right, you don't need thousands of pounds worth of parts on the car to make it presentable. Sure we all love the go faster parts but I think TLC, maintenance and a bit of care goes a long way.

Some cracking work going on here. It's certainly paying off. Car is looking great.

I'm in awe at your work so far.... nothing short of fantastic, i'm 100% jealous of that engine bay now.

Thank you guys, I really do appreciate it.

I feel so lazy, but I'll have to live with that because I won't do anything about it while it works haha!

We could change that if you lived closer but you don't ;)

Thank you for the kind words guys, believe it or not this is actually my first proper build thread, so excuse the poor quality and order of pictures but I forget to take them sometimes :lol:

Thank you mate, and I am not as mechanically savvy as you might think. I just buy a lot of tools as they make life easier and the rest is figuring stuff out as I go and DIY skills. I do have to google a lot and check on other build threads for knowledge. Give it a go on some of the simpler jobs, especially if you have a garage and a jack.

And yes although technically I live in Mytchett, it is basically next to Farnborough.

I have another big load of pictures and progress to post but I just came out the garage and it's almost 1am so that will have to wait till tomorrow (assuming I get a quiet day in the office).

The reason I asked was the photo taken by the airfield.
I'll give you a wave when you get her on the road mate (05 Cosmic Ep3)
You also have TGM Just up the road in Fleet if you ever need any advice or work done.
Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason I asked was the photo taken by the airfield.
I'll give you a wave when you get her on the road mate (05 Cosmic Ep3)
You also have TGM Just up the road in Fleet if you ever need any advice or work done.
Keep up the good work.

Which photo bud ? All of them have been in or just outside my garage haha. I live right by Mytchett lake, Kingfisher on the Quays ring a bell?

And sure thing, we can organise a little meet when shes on the road :smt023

Which photo bud ? All of them have been in or just outside my garage haha. I live right by Mytchett lake, Kingfisher on the Quays ring a bell?

And sure thing, we can organise a little meet when shes on the road :smt023

I used to frequent the Quays quite a few years back! Used to be really good in the summertime.
The photo was of the MX5 & the Golf. Apparently Top Gear filmed there a few years ago.
Great update also.

I used to frequent the Quays quite a few years back! Used to be really good in the summertime.
The photo was of the MX5 & the Golf. Apparently Top Gear filmed there a few years ago.
Great update also.

Ahh yes, the Mx5 and Golf was at the Farnborough business park, near Costco. Top gear was indeed there a while back :)

Bit more of an update on the car, albeit small.

Left the rear to polish last, because we all love to work on a good booty ;) ha.

F8Z2TNyh.jpg

Bought new mats from Honda

19MM2gah.jpg

Did a full LED interior upgrade:

5Zy2igth.jpg

And she's done! (well... not really, but she is presentable now and can be driven :D )

4SA0GY1h.jpg

jALp3lbh.jpg

PjFRSfMh.jpg

And finally putting on my personal reg, on metal pressed plates from the Bay.

yYsHs94h.jpg

Note: The front LED indicator lamps started going nuts yesterday when indicating, but they flashed fine when the hazards or alarm lock is used, I looked further into it and it seems like I would need to add some hefty resistors to keep them happy, but then the light output will decrease. So off they go for now and standard indicator bulbs are back in.

Car is now already filthy since it decided to rain on the 1 day I actually take it out to work.... Ah well :)

Note: The front LED indicator lamps started going nuts yesterday when indicating, but they flashed fine when the hazards or alarm lock is used, I looked further into it and it seems like I would need to add some hefty resistors to keep them happy, but then the light output will decrease. So off they go for now and standard indicator bulbs are back in.

You can replace the indicator relay with an electronic unit, not sure what would make the indicator tick tick noise then though or if the units do that too.

Looking good all-round though!

You can replace the indicator relay with an electronic unit, not sure what would make the indicator tick tick noise then though or if the units do that too.

Looking good all-round though!

Yeah I did think about that too but honestly it is more hassle than it's worth, it's just some amber bulbs at the end of the day. I have ordered new OEM bulbs for all 4 indicators and will be replacing the rear reverse light with LED.

I have also installed an Alcantara gaiter with red stitching and BLOX Racing 490 spherical weighted gear knob. Will edit this post later and add a picture.

I have also bought the following audio upgrade:

Focal PC130 Speakers
Pioneer X7800DAB single din stereo
Front door speaker adaptors + connectors
Silent Coat 2mm sound proofing sheets (pack of 30)

All of that will probably go in in the next few days when I get some more free time.

So the Type R purchase was not really planned, it was more of a stop gap while finding something I've been searching for a while, and right now I think I might have found it.

Going to be speaking to Torque GT next week and see what happens but the EP3 might be for sale sooner than I expected.

So the Type R purchase was not really planned, it was more of a stop gap while finding something I've been searching for a while, and right now I think I might have found it.

Going to be speaking to Torque GT next week and see what happens but the EP3 might be for sale sooner than I expected.

what is 'something'..... come on man, give us info! Post the pics of your new 316d SE :)

You can't just leave us hanging like that...

what is 'something'..... come on man, give us info! Post the pics of your new 316d SE :)

Well I don't want to say anything unless it happens, as I've had leads in the past that I didn't end up going ahead with.

But for the sake of information purposes, it has an RB26DETT :lol:

There's only 4 cars to my knowledge that run that, r32, r33, r34 and the stagea RSwhateverthefcukitscalled.

I hope you have deep pockets pal, they're not cheap to run.

Well I don't want to say anything unless it happens, as I've had leads in the past that I didn't end up going ahead with.

But for the sake of information purposes, it has an RB26DETT :lol:
Here's me thinking that you've bought that Honda Beat! :lol:

There's only 4 cars to my knowledge that run that, r32, r33, r34 and the stagea RSwhateverthefcukitscalled.

260RS my friend :)

Correct, however it's none of those as it is going to be a swap in different chassis. So far the choice was between a S15 Spec R with the swap (or even RB25/2JZ would be fine) or an S13 Type X with a similar swap. I really like the S-Chassis, just don't like the SR20.

Back