• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

S15 is very nice, I don't like the 13 or 14 personally. I do love the 180 though.

I want an RB26'd 240z... MCM ALWAYS seem to do my dream cars about a year before I actually buy them and around 2 years after I start looking... happened with the vtec mini!

S15 is very nice, I don't like the 13 or 14 personally. I do love the 180 though.

I want an RB26'd 240z... MCM ALWAYS seem to do my dream cars about a year before I actually buy them and around 2 years after I start looking... happened with the vtec mini!

Well the S13 Type X is a 180sx technically, not the UK S13 that you normally see about.

The S15 SpecR is the preferred choice, something along the lines of this:

[video=youtube;xzmY4RqSz3M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzmY4RqSz3M[/video]

Stagea Autech 260RS would be hilarious though, GTR engine in that thing would definitely be mad.

Btw my MCM sticker came today! Not sure if I should put it on the CTR or wait for the next car... hm, should of ordered a couple tbh.

My S14A D1 Drift car was running a RB.
Was a Brutal car.
817724de6ae2a273cbeac5a5becbf13f.jpg
e82e38068df18a91839647ce6817aa4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stagea Autech 260RS would be hilarious though, GTR engine in that thing would definitely be mad.

Btw my MCM sticker came today! Not sure if I should put it on the CTR or wait for the next car... hm, should of ordered a couple tbh.

I'd wait if you're changing cars dude.

My S14A D1 Drift car was running a RB.
Was a Brutal car. =

That looks savage dude! Damn I love the S-chassis so much! The choice is difficult as they can all look and perform great, S14a Kouki is a great looking car when done right.

Why did you sell btw?

That looks savage dude! Damn I love the S-chassis so much! The choice is difficult as they can all look and perform great, S14a Kouki is a great looking car when done right.

Why did you sell btw?
I have had a few mate and a nice S15.
Had to let it go cos it was a license losing car everytime i drove it.

Hankering after another though.
My mate has just finished building his bayside blue S14 with JDM Garage and has a mega responsive 580bhp engine.
6ea0d5f1e9f87b3504d4fc9852a60ef1.jpg
c41e98eacaa3a24be1e477efdf25fcd8.jpg

So had a word with a few companies in regards to importing an engine swapped S body... and let's just say I've made my mind up for now. If you are wondering if the EP3 is staying... well here is a clue :D

PsiCxXXh.jpg

Good choice on the exhaust, I love how well packaged they are.

What other goodies are in the boxes? (If I can't afford things for myself, I'll live vicariously through others)

Good choice on the exhaust, I love how well packaged they are.

What other goodies are in the boxes? (If I can't afford things for myself, I'll live vicariously through others)

Well you already knew about it anyway :p and yes the packaging is awesome and the quality of the exhaust looks to be great too (them welds!).

I know what you mean, I often stare at threads which go all out, gearbox rebuilds, ported engines, even forced induction and get quite a kick out of it, especially if it is well documented. Maybe I ll get to that stage one day...

Great thread this, superb attention to detail!!

Thank you Pete :smt023

Right here is a proper update on the parts I posted earlier. Starting off we have a suspension upgrade since my TEINs have let go now and require changing. They were also wayyy too harsh for UK roads, even on soft settings. So what we have below is:

Bilstein B14 Adjustable Suspension Kit
Genuine Honda top mount kit (front)
Genuine Honda front lower control arm bushes (both sides)
Genuine Honda front LCA bolts

1xZavYlh.jpg

p0vMBB9h.jpg

Then we have an exhaust upgrade. Currently my Toda Ti is loud/drones due to the B pipe (Cobra Silenced) that has let go inside, meaning it has become unsilenced. I have had a look and there are no cracks or leaks around the exhaust and I can hear it making sounds inside (metal pieces moving about), so will be giving it a good clean, polish and remove any debris once it's off. Then it will go for sale for a few quid as an un-silenced pipe. The Toda will be cleaned and polished too, and put for sale as well since a Toda B pipe is almost as much a I paid for my new exhaust :D. Thankfully the backbox has no damage what so ever, will polish up well and should go for alright money as they do not make the dolphin tip versions anymore, so it's sort of rare?

Never the less, this is what was purchased:

Fujitsubo RM01A catback system (On sale at Torque-GT!) which came complete with the required bolts, gaskets, nuts and washers.
Bolts and Gasket for the Cat side.
Genuine Honda heat shield (the one near the fuel tank as mine was missing o_O)
Genuine Honda bolts for the above heat shield (but i will put bigger 6mm washers on those to better hold it in place, as the originals are too small imo)

yhXK8hIh.jpg

CMXowrdh.jpg

98wFsMnh.jpg

wGvwnNph.jpg

xdYZ2gmh.jpg

1MB6Xb7h.jpg

I also bought this as my handle had snapped off and the previous owner decided to use a shoe lace attached to whatever was left of the plastic instead... (cheap c**ts lol)

eNDX7cSh.jpg

And lastly a service kit for the car, even though it's had one not too long ago but I don't trust people.

Genuine Honda Antifreeze 5L
Fuchs TITAN Race Pro S 5W-40 5L
Genuine Honda oil filter
NGK Laser Iridium plugs IFR7G-11KS
Genuine Honda fuel filter
Super Dot 4 Plus brake fluid (since Motul RBF600 is overkill on a road car imo and yearly changes are a hassle)
Genuine Honda MTF-3 Gearbox fluid

3bCIY4eh.jpg

All of the above will be going on the car at some point this/next week, and then the car will be booked for FRSU at TGM Sport in Fleet.

Note: My honda jazz washer jets seem to be at an angle, and thus overs-spraying to the side of my car. The old ones I removed off the car (which look to be the same but had bad wear on them) were pointing straight. This is in regards to the actual nozzle inside, can anyone else confirm this too? I ll take pictures of it to show you what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely shiny things. Exhaust looks great. Your car is really coming along nicely.

With regards to the washer jets. I fitted some last week and I had to adjust the nozzles as one was spraying directly into the tegiwa scoop.

I used a thin screwdriver to adjust them. They can be a bit stiff so you have to be careful not to slip so you don't damage them or scratch the bonnet.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I also bought this as my handle had snapped off and the previous owner decided to use a shoe lace attached to whatever was left of the plastic instead... (cheap c**ts lol)

eNDX7cSh.jpg

Note: My honda jazz washer jets seem to be at an angle, and thus overs-spraying to the side of my car. The old ones I removed off the car (which look to be the same but had bad wear on them) were pointing straight. This is in regards to the actual nozzle inside, can anyone else confirm this too? I ll take pictures of it to show you what I mean.
Same happened on the track car, we just use mole grips :lol:

I had to adjust the aim of my Jazz washer jets too. Worse still is they're too small for the Stagea! :(

Be careful with the exhaust. You'll note they haven't provided bolts/nuts for securing it to the cat (or they didn't with mine). Wouldn't want to get everything apart before you realised that :)

Thank you Nidge, yeah I guess I ll have to adjust the nozzles with a small screw driver at some point, the are ****ing me off atm but not enough to bother before all the rest of the parts go on :D

And yeah mole grips were my friend too for the last week or so, wouldn't be so bothered if it was a track toy but on a daily it's not acceptable imo.

As for the exhaust mike, I noticed and I have bought new bolts and nuts along with a gasket for the cat side. Pretty sure I listed that above :p

Dropped the car off at the garage today so will be awaiting the good news tomorrow when it's all fitted.

Fair point, apologies, I saw the bit just before and then remembered my own issue, wanted to make sure you weren't in the same situation:
which came complete with the required bolts, gaskets, nuts and washers.

She will take more than 5L of pre mixed antifreeze mate. Obviously you can top up with water but you'll be slightly short with just the Honda antifreeze. Just a heads up dude

Be good to see this done when we have our next get together, keep an eye out for the sussex & surrey thread

Back