• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

All the 2019's I looked at on auto trader don't have a volume knob. I think it was added to the US 2019my because they were too retarded to change volume with steering wheel.

All the 2019's I looked at on auto trader don't have a volume knob. I think it was added to the US 2019my because they were too retarded to change volume with steering wheel.

Don't appreciate that comment tarring a whole nation with the same brush, especially when you don't know the background of people on here, some of whom are American

oh well. I know that they aren't all retarded, i'm in a room with 6 of them (who aren't). But, there does seem to be a little too much excitement over a volume knob than what I would consider normal. I could understand if the only other way was through a though screen, but it isn't. And calling it a 'face-lift' is equally as daft.

Got back from holiday. removed both front wheels and no cord showing whatsoever. Both tyres perfectly serviceable.

Bit surprised at a Honda dealer "trying it on", especially when they're £80 more expensive for a set of tyres fitted.

Not sure if I should go back to them and ask them to verify why they suggested my tyre was dangerous and shouldn't be driven on. thoughts?

You will find the 'manufacturer recommendation' on replacing tyres differs significantly to what you might think.

A friend of mine took his wife's Mini Countryman for service at BMW to be told the front tyres need replacing. He was surprised and told them to leave them for now. Got there to pick the car up and complained as the tyres had c3mm of tread left on them!!! Apparently the dealer (Manufacturer) recommends that tyres are replaced when they go below 4mm! 4mm!!!!!!!! The tyres only come with 7 or 8mm when they are new!!!

I seem to remember Michelin doing an ad campaign where they point out that their tyres will perform just as well with 2mm of tread as they do when new in everyday conditions and there's no need to replace early.

It's not the wear though, they stated one tyre was through to the cord and needed replaced ASAP. Told me it should not be driven on.

Strangely when the driver dropped the car off to my wife he said absolutely nothing.

I'm quite convinced it was just the dealership looking to get some revenue as the service was carried out on the 5 year plan.

It's not the wear though, they stated one tyre was through to the cord and needed replaced ASAP. Told me it should not be driven on.

Strangely when the driver dropped the car off to my wife he said absolutely nothing.

I'm quite convinced it was just the dealership looking to get some revenue as the service was carried out on the 5 year plan.

Find another dealer, some are truly shocking in terms of their business practices. Others are very good . No point complaing to a bad dealer. Best bet would be to complain to honda uk. But it wont get you anywhere, the dealer will just say it was a miss communication and the tyre down to the cord was on another vehicle in the workshop at the same time.

FWIW...
I believe you have every right to retain any parts (incl tyres) removed from your car during a service.
If you let the garage know that you intend to do this you're less likely to encounter shenanigans like the tyre chord noted above.

FWIW...
I believe you have every right to retain any parts (incl tyres) removed from your car during a service.
If you let the garage know that you intend to do this you're less likely to encounter shenanigans like the tyre chord noted above.

Of course, as noted by adymi16, a better option would be to go to a trustworthy dealer but, depending on where you're based, I recognise that might not be an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back