• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

but lift off mid corner it will go understeer to lift off oversteer
This depends a lot on the car, and some have been notorious for it.
I have never experienced a front wheel drive car that routinely exhibits lift off oversteer......but that's not to say it cant happen. :)

I have never experienced a front wheel drive car that routinely exhibits lift off oversteer......but that's not to say it cant happen. :)
To the dismay of my wife, I found it extremely easy to get the car to oversteer in roundabouts when it was cold (on purpose). Never had another FWD car that could oversteer that easy w/o handbrake (and it is very easy to recover from it). Also, there are some good videos of people testing the car and getting it sideways on each corner. You can get oversteer by having less body roll in the back, or more negative camber in the back (the FK8 is guilty of both!). Early reviews of the car mentioned this oversteer behaviour.

Most will including the FK8, open airfields are great for practice. I learnt a lot of techniques at North Weald with Andrew Walsh and through Dom Palmer at Bruntingthorpe. Mostly RWD cars but used to routinely practice in Clio 172/197, DC2/DC5. 106 Rally was a hoot!

open airfields are great for practice.
I would love to try this. :)
Anytime I have went into a bend a little too fast and my car has started to understeer I just lifted off the power and the car came back into line with no dramas.
I would have **** myself and probably binned it if it had went into snap oversteer. :eek:

To the dismay of my wife, I found it extremely easy to get the car to oversteer in roundabouts when it was cold (on purpose). Never had another FWD car that could oversteer that easy w/o handbrake (and it is very easy to recover from it). Also, there are some good videos of people testing the car and getting it sideways on each corner. You can get oversteer by having less body roll in the back, or more negative camber in the back (the FK8 is guilty of both!). Early reviews of the car mentioned this oversteer behaviour.

Chris Harris on top gear was drifting through bends and defo I agree early road tests this time last year mentioned it but then you didn't hear much on it again.....untiiiiiillll noooooooow :lol:

Chris Harris on top gear was drifting through bends and defo I agree early road tests this time last year mentioned it but then you didn't hear much on it again.....untiiiiiillll noooooooow :lol:

I love that whoever did the screenshot for that video that used a regular Civic...

[video=youtube_share;DSNYjuCHCRk]https://youtu.be/DSNYjuCHCRk?t=4m6s[/video]

Yes Chris definitely got the car sideways on Top Gear....looked impressive but ultimately cost time I would have thought.
It's not the ability to oversteer that I am surprised about, but the lift off/snap oversteer.
Maybe this only happens if going ridiculously fast into a bend......but even in my younger "invincible" days I am thankful that it never happened to me. :D

Yes Chris definitely got the car sideways on Top Gear....looked impressive but ultimately cost time I would have thought.
It's not the ability to oversteer that I am surprised about, but the lift off/snap oversteer.
Maybe this only happens if going ridiculously fast into a bend......but even in my younger "invincible" days I am thankful that it never happened to me. :D

Yeah nope... I don't like code browns!!!

I love that whoever did the screenshot for that video that used a regular Civic...

[video=youtube_share;DSNYjuCHCRk]https://youtu.be/DSNYjuCHCRk?t=4m6s[/video]

Saw my first megane rs in the flesh today in black. Nice, but too subtle in that colour even with the bigger wings etc.

Just had first year service done. Front tyres have 4mm left but one of them has a cut that is through to the wire. Honda quoting £483 for a pair of Continental but I can get the Michelin for £420 elsewhere. Apparently they need replaced in pairs for the TPMS?

Just had first year service done. Front tyres have 4mm left but one of them has a cut that is through to the wire. Honda quoting £483 for a pair of Continental but I can get the Michelin for £420 elsewhere. Apparently they need replaced in pairs for the TPMS?
Might be of interest - I have four as-new Continentals with about 100 miles on them sitting in my garage. I drove the car home from the showroom and immediately replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2.

I'm located in London and have pics of the tyres with tread depths - PM if interested!

When I bought my car the guy that did the handover told me I would get about six thousand out of the Conti's. I got five at best, and have since gone to PS4 on the front.

Cheers for the offer, we're in Aberdeen which is about a million miles away.

I had a look of the tyre when they delivered the car back and I can't see anything obvious. Will get it checked out at Kwik-Fit before I try and get new ones.

Could be the dealer just trying it on but I'd hope not.

As has been said on another thread It does make sense to change them both as the rolling radius would be different side to side and set off the tpms. But yeah your dealer is always trying to make more of course!!

Tyres should always be replaced in pairs. Especially on a car like the FK8!

After months lurking on here I am looking to order an FK8 for Sept delivery. The only thing that bothers me are the wheels & tyres.
I really don't like the 20'' Black wheels & 6-8k wear on the tyres is crazy in my mind.
My MK3 Focus RS did 29k on its first set of Michelins & I only changed them for its MOT, they would have done another 2k.
So I am looking to change to 19" wheels & PS4S tyres immediately.
I will sell the OE wheels.
Paul.

29k miles??? Didn't use the drift mode then I take it! :D

Welcome to the forum. You won't be disappointed with your choice. For sept del will that be the facelift, did your dealer say anything?

Yeah no probs swapping them out, many do it in the states. Let me know when you sell them, may be interested to replace my kerbed ovals. While you're doing your wheels, get a remus as well

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome.
No Drift mode or Trackdays, just swapped them around to maximise wear.
I am seeing the Dealer next week, I have test driven twice, just looking for the best deal.
I didn't realise there was a facelift.But I had read about the volume button on US cars.

There is the 2019 volume knob and LED on the handbrake changes, but there is also rumoured the MY2020 with the different bumpers (zero rumours on oily bit upgrades)...Id speak to the dealer, see what's what. It would be disappointing getting the last of current model if there was an updated one on the way, unless of course the updates are fugly.

There is the 2019 volume knob and LED on the handbrake changes, but there is also rumoured the MY2020 with the different bumpers (zero rumours on oily bit upgrades)...Id speak to the dealer, see what's what. It would be disappointing getting the last of current model if there was an updated one on the way, unless of course the updates are fugly.
Did we actually get the volume knob in the UK? Is the LED on the handbrake button? I have a 2019 but it might be pre any 2019 changes.

Back