• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

In a bit of a torn situation

Current DC5 owner which has bolt ons and pushing around 245....love the car for its uniqueness and how fun it is. I drive 2 cars the other being an eco runner but was looking to narrow it down to one.... missus moans the DC5 is a bit too intense sometimes lol

Have been hoping for something more modern and with the 2 rear doors originally the FD2 with some decent coilovers was the plan but the FK2 has come into the picture..... at a good opportunity but is it worth the extra 7-8k justification?
Never was the biggest fan of the bodywork but it's been growing on me. I want a fun fast useable and something useable. I've seen a lot of people go from the fd2 to FK or back to DC5 .... prob concerned I'll miss the DC5..... any opinions from people on here who have owned at least two of or experiences?

Also any common problems I should be aware of for the FK2? Some been saying there's transmission problems which Honda are a bit slow on sorting....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

FK2 all day long over an FD2.

They're not even in the same league in performance, usability, ride comfort, toys or smiles per mile.

I think you would be very underwhelmed coming from a DC5 to an FD2, particially a modded DC5. The FD2 is progression don't get my wrong, but it's not the huge leap forward the FK2 is by comparison.

Probably the answer I needed. Still a fun car even though it's not the usual NA vtec?

I did consider BMWs but then wrote off the idea considering that I feel they are common and I'll get bored of it quickly.

The FK2 is a better car than the FD2, no doubt about that. But personally I prefer the FD2 due to high revving NA madness plus the FK2 is hideous to look at. I could never walk away from it, look back and smile.

The FD2 is a big step up over a DC5, it’s more modern, turns in far better, more refined etc.

I changed from the FD2 to the FK2 and the FK is better in every way including the Looks..

I would have another FD2 but its just old and dated now. "Just like The FK2 is compared to the Fugly FK8"

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The FK2 is a better car than the FD2, no doubt about that. But personally I prefer the FD2 due to high revving NA madness plus the FK2 is hideous to look at. I could never walk away from it, look back and smile.

The FD2 is a big step up over a DC5, it’s more modern, turns in far better, more refined etc.
I do see your point. Taste is subjective. If anything I'd say the FK8 looks more like a modern Integra. I was seriously considering the FD but I've seen a good 4 people who always go back to DC5 after FD2. Question in point is.... is it really worth the extra 6-8k when it's just the same engine with better handling?
A mildly modded DC5 is just as a capable and looks better (in my opinion) is it not?

Don't get me wrong DC5, FD2 and FK2 (only out for 2 years) all hold a presence and something unique that most German cars can't seem to tick in my boxes... I considered an E92 M3 but heard it has a problem which can cost a lot if it goes wrong.

It's that or maybe I'm just a particular JDM 90s fan who doesn't want a common car that everyone else has. I agree the FK looks hardcore but it does grow on you. Not many cars can do what it can round a track.... I'd prefer it over a Ford RS as well.

Older is better ;)
Opinions are great but you haven't said why. If technology and times move on shouldn't everyone else? Just like mobile phones right?

I owned an early 90s car about 10 years ago but when cars go pass a 15 year age limit I sometimes tell myself....I should move on with the times lol.... I still love my DC5 but without giving modern cars a chance, surely it's just being bias to what you know and are comfortable with without being open minded no?

Just a point that the DC5 was the first Honda I ever owned.... I was more of a turbo Toyota nut before lol

Modern is always better 9/10 times. It’s not just the gadgets and home comforts. Overall the chassis and engine is much better giving better performance.
Although older cars, because they’re not as good, can be more fun and rewarding when driving.

I bought mine because I missed my old one. I like the fact it is getting rarer to find in good condition, and I couldn't be in the endless line of same, same cars you see on the commute. I like the simpleness of my car, not into gadgets whilst driving or feeling like I'm sat on my sofa :D

Older is better ;)

Having stepped up through the “ranks” of the type R I would whole heartedly disagree :lol:

Everyone has their own opinion though.

I couldn’t imagine ever going back to NA Type R ownership.

I specifically remember driving my Fd2 all the way to the north west to px it for an fk2 and hating how it drove (stock) over considerable distance.

That being said I consider the fk2 pretty harsh compared to the 8 but not a patch on the Fd2.

I am heading north tomorrow and I’m looking forward to the drive in “comfort” mode.

The game (IMO) has massively moved on , and for the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just my opinion, doesn't mean I'm wrong. Be boring if we all thought the same way :) I've driven an Audi R8 and a charged aerial atom, the R8 is superbly comfortable and capable, the atom was very fast and not full of toys, lol. I had more fun in the atom, I had more comfort in the R8. Depends where your priorities are.

I'm with flashy, new cars are great but they just give you more of what you can't use on the road when it comes to fun. A long slog up the motorway or dropping the kids at school modern machines make more sense. On a British b road where speed limits play a huge factor there's more fun to be had from a slower, less capable machine.

That's not to say I hate modern cars, just not what I'm looking for at this time. Maybe when I retire :D

I do see your point. Taste is subjective. If anything I'd say the FK8 looks more like a modern Integra. I was seriously considering the FD but I've seen a good 4 people who always go back to DC5 after FD2. Question in point is.... is it really worth the extra 6-8k when it's just the same engine with better handling?
A mildly modded DC5 is just as a capable and looks better (in my opinion) is it not?

Don't get me wrong DC5, FD2 and FK2 (only out for 2 years) all hold a presence and something unique that most German cars can't seem to tick in my boxes... I considered an E92 M3 but heard it has a problem which can cost a lot if it goes wrong.

It's that or maybe I'm just a particular JDM 90s fan who doesn't want a common car that everyone else has. I agree the FK looks hardcore but it does grow on you. Not many cars can do what it can round a track.... I'd prefer it over a Ford RS as well.

I don’t know why people go back. I don’t know of many who do. I had a DC5 and FD2 and drove them back to back for a month. The Teg looks better and has a better boot, that’s about it in my opinion. The FD2 is 10-20% better in all other areas and it adds up.

Back