• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Type-R #4 - Champ White FD2

Seen a few riced out FD's while in the states the last couple of weeks and i really do like the look of this shaped Civic in the flesh. I think i have seen one whilst driving up here in Scotland.

They do seem to go for good money still over here but i still want one.

Nice.

Get yourself some facelift rear lights, they make a big difference.

do like these but the interiors really let it down imo
What's wrong with the interior? For a 10 year old car with the capability on road and track that the FD2 has I think it's perfectly fine.

Nice.

Get yourself some facelift rear lights, they make a big difference.

What's wrong with the interior? For a 10 year old car with the capability on road and track that the FD2 has I think it's perfectly fine.

its just my opinion ie, the steering wheel and dashboard, and not seen one in the flesh but in pics it looks really bland but as people say its driver focused so when driving im sure you forget lol

Update time:

The car was put into hibernation for winter so it gets zero salt exposure. I started buying parts to fit when the weather improves, which it now has thankfully!

The car was missing it's OEM mats which let it down massively IMO. With them being discontinued, I couldn't just order them from Honda but I finally found some on yahoo auctions Japan. 12 weeks later I received them and they're in pretty good shape, some minor dirt which cleaned up with some good ol' Woolite. There's some wear to the drivers heel area but I can live with that

21494a612be5cc9eda3313e8e20397d8.jpg

185fcb5d86fd7f33d19b0065e18502ff.jpg

Then, with the car being parked up was a perfect opportunity to get the steering wheel retrimmed

09069ab783dfd5ba20fa42b1f994241e.jpg

a70290e40ed9b6d5cde4617116a5d510.jpg

Some new front shocks from Honda to match the new rear Konis previously fitted. Here's a photo of them sat in the living room where they lived for a few weeks, just to annoy my better half ;)

3355ebff73ffcaf721102e6e150783fc.jpg

3ad1e2b07f7bf5e16e251f9196c3e077.jpg

And fitting:

69b6ea09d0c841ef91d8a0ce8886d27d.jpg

baabf6fc66da9f8ae509082193e52b4e.jpg

I currently have service items on order so that's my next job.
I'm looking forward to using it more this year, it only covered around 2k miles last year.

Really liking these now, think the shape is a real grower, much prefer them without the privacy, and the Mugen lip looks great too - are they available through a Mugen distributor in UK or do you have to go via Japan? Cost?

Tell me, people mention the F/L version - what was changed (other than rear lights)? What year did it change over?

Really liking these now, think the shape is a real grower, much prefer them without the privacy, and the Mugen lip looks great too - are they available through a Mugen distributor in UK or do you have to go via Japan? Cost?

Tell me, people mention the F/L version - what was changed (other than rear lights)? What year did it change over?

Thanks.
Mugen lip is not cheap but many fd2s already have them so you could get lucky and source/buy a car with one fitted. I bought mine from Hendy, they don't stock them so availability depends on Mugen. Mine took about 6 weeks from point of enquiry to receiving, price is on Hendy website - yes, the prices are correct, but the paint match and fitment is great!

Facelift change is at some point in 2008. The only differences I know of is rear lights and the facelift gets electric folding mirrors, that's it! Oh, plus some different colour options - black, purple (like dottys old one) and the blue changes shade iirc.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for that little overview. Well, I'm a complete luddite so the fewer elecs the better IMO, and I must be the only person who has no preference one way or tuther re rear lights, so guess PFL is the way to go!

It’s worth noting that if you get a fake Mugen item, you’ll probably spend close to the RRP after painting it and trying to get it to fit as they’re generally terrible.

Nothing much to report, just enjoying and looking after it.

March marked its year anniversary in my ownership so I thought I'd list its changes in that time:

New Honda Floormats (UK hybrid model)
Used OEM Type-R Floormats (from yahoo.jp)
New Honda gearshift gaiter
New Honda front lower ball joints
New Honda front shocks and dust covers
New Koni rear shocks
New HKS panel filter
'Johnster' custom decat
Hondata flashpro
New Muteki wheel nuts
Universal centre caps painted and fitted with 'H' decal
Refurbished Milano Red rocker cover fitted with all new Honda seals and C/F plug cover
Valve clearances checked
Refurbished steering wheel
Mugen front lip
Mugen wind deflectors
Spoon rear view mirror
Honda Foglight switch (reverse bulb replaced with red LED)
All interior bulbs replaced with LEDs
Pioneer DAB App stereo with reverse camera and OEM trim
Focal front door speakers
Power steering fluid flush
Inner arches cleaned & painted, extra lacquer layer added to rear arch lips
All under body cavities pumped with wax

More recently - Engine oil, filter, gearbox oil and auxiliary belt renewed:

5da6c70d806916bc55e2de06ca1d99b6.jpg

36323e4cc479afa483a5aad6c7c6a5bb.jpg

And some photos taken today in the sun before work:

e95edb6ea94805312ecb6de7788b422a.jpg

375d783967cfe12a27b9a429c8a88bda.jpg

Thanks for reading

looks great, one of the best looking honda models and most probably the best fwd they ever made!
too bad it is only RHD!!!!

Back