• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Type-R #4 - Champ White FD2

New shifter

39341ffca31ab338739d8b53674f8d3b.jpg

Looking lovely bud! I have an E92 M3, but always having issues. Currently own an EP3 supercharged track car on the side with the history of having a DC5 & an S2000 in the past too.

How do you find the FD2?

Enjoy bud, Lewys.

Looking lovely bud! I have an E92 M3, but always having issues. Currently own an EP3 supercharged track car on the side with the history of having a DC5 & an S2000 in the past too.

How do you find the FD2?

Enjoy bud, Lewys.

Thanks Lewys.
I bet the v8 in the e92 is a beaut, I would love to experience one. I believe they have less issues than the e46 but still has the 'M tax' costs when things are needed.

I'm really enjoying fd2 ownership but I need to drive it more. The current circumstances and a 5 month old hasn't helped with that :lol:

Thanks Lewys.
I bet the v8 in the e92 is a beaut, I would love to experience one. I believe they have less issues than the e46 but still has the 'M tax' costs when things are needed.

I'm really enjoying fd2 ownership but I need to drive it more. The current circumstances and a 5 month old hasn't helped with that :lol:

Re sunday_driver - I hope you get out to enjoy soon.

How would you describe the handling? I imagine FD2s are quite practical and running costs fairly reasonable?

ATB,

Lewys.

Re sunday_driver - I hope you get out to enjoy soon.

How would you describe the handling? I imagine FD2s are quite practical and running costs fairly reasonable?

ATB,

Lewys.

Thank you Lewys, I hope your M3 behaves itself for you.

The handling I would say is difficult to lose traction on the road (especially with the Yokohamas, the Toyos would spin in first/second), though it's definitely track oriented which can be annoying at times. The front end is extremely responsive and 'pointy' but I think the suspension finds it difficult to deal with some bumps, slow to rebound maybe, which I've heard a set of Ohlins would rectify but I can't justify spending that amount in one hit at the moment.
I'd love to explore the handling more on a track some day.

Running costs are no different to any other k20 car. Certain modifications tend to be more expensive due to rarity (and not sharing with another car). I've also heard of delays on some parts, such as bumpers, but thankfully I've not experienced any issues.

Hope that helps :)

I popped out to take some pics earlier. I think the first one is my favourite, I’m no photographer though.

Also, I had the rear windows tinted like some fd2s have from factory (I didn’t want it looking aftermarket)

Attachments

• DSC_0250_b.jpg
    DSC_0250_b.jpg
    930.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0266_b.jpg
    DSC_0266_b.jpg
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0271_b.jpg
    DSC_0271_b.jpg
    997.3 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0289_b.jpg
    DSC_0289_b.jpg
    996.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0292_b.jpg
    DSC_0292_b.jpg
    951.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_0294_b.jpg
    DSC_0294_b.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. It seems tapatalk now charges for full uploads or sacrifice upload quality, which I wasn't happy with. So I've edited the post and re-uploaded from a laptop after my better half has had a tinker with the pics ;)

Back