• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

How many laps did you get in before the over heating issues kicked in?
3rd onwards particularly after Adenau on the climb back up. Tried short shifting keeping 1k below max on the up hill sections and 1.5k below on the downhill sections, that did not help much. On Dottinger Hohe the temp fell back to the normal 50% mark.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

This seems to be an issue for most when on track. I saw this the other day and it’s got to help. Don’t know where he got it though apart from he mentions eBay.

[video=youtube;VVJ0bSp7nPo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVJ0bSp7nPo[/video]

3rd onwards particularly after Adenau on the climb back up. Tried short shifting keeping 1k below max on the up hill sections and 1.5k below on the downhill sections, that did not help much. On Dottinger Hohe the temp fell back to the normal 50% mark.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I was thinking of restricting revs as my initial workaround but seems that doesn't work :(

I track mine regularly. It's done lots of laps at the Ring, Spa, Brands, Thruxton, Silverstone, Donington and Combe so far. I generally do a warm up lap, several hot laps then come in to allow the brakes to cool. I have never experienced high engine/coolant temps.

I've upgraded the brake fluid, pads, disks and hoses after cooking them at Silverstone. But other than brake fade I have never experienced any other temperate issues.

Said goodbye!

FK8 #10432 will now go to another owner. Awesome car, but a bit too wide to be properly enjoyed on UK roads. That and the stupid 20" wheels were my only complaints. My partner wants a 4-door Fiesta ST, so come winter I will have a decent car to drive while the S2000 sleeps.

My next steps will be first to make sure the S2000 will live for at least 10-15 more years, which will include a full undersealing and new suspension components (TBD fall 2019), and then install a small supercharger kit, probably SoS Stage 1 or Stage 2 (TBD 2020).

Private sale ?

Nein, had some private interest, but one went with another seller that was desperate, one was a time waster, and another was too far away. In the end I got a really good offer from a dealer, so I pocketed some money, just not as much as I thought. Have no regrets though, it was a ton of fun and part of the learning process.

At some point I will listen to my 15/16 year old self and get a Caterham 7 and an old Audi RS4/RS6 as a daily.

So hit my first snag, I haven't since owning the car found the AC cold, but due to my accident last year did not use the car in the warmer months. So used the Ac couple of weeks ago and thought not great but acceptable but now it does not work at all, for an 18 month old car that seems bad no? Going in Monday to replace 3 wheels, fix rattle in dash and they said it needs regassing, £65 not a big deal but concerned there is a bigger issue. Anyone else had issues? 7k mileage 18 months old now.

£65 not a big deal but concerned there is a bigger issue.
If there is a bigger issue then it will be covered under warranty and when fixed they should give you a re gas free of charge.
I haven't had a mechanical problem with mine but I bought it last summer and while driving very slowly round the M25 in blistering heat I thought this AC is ****! really poor compared to the Skoda Vrs I traded.
So many good things about this car but AC is not one of them.

Found the annoying rattle from the rear everytime you closed the boot.....gravel trapped in the exhaust tips...seems an odd design to be open at the front to collect any gravel that is flicked up.

Found the annoying rattle from the rear everytime you closed the boot.....gravel trapped in the exhaust tips...seems an odd design to be open at the front to collect any gravel that is flicked up.

I found that when I removed the exhaust last year.

Back