• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

I use brake hold all the time and genuinely didn't know the brake lights are on, assumed it temporarily engaged the handbrake. Are we 1000% on this?! And if it is putting the lights on, are the brake lights all of the devil horn shape, because if so, that's really cool, even if it does blind people :p

The brake lights even stay on the moment you pull away and only go off after a couple of feet of movement

I use brake hold all the time and genuinely didn't know the brake lights are on, assumed it temporarily engaged the handbrake. Are we 1000% on this?! And if it is putting the lights on, are the brake lights all of the devil horn shape, because if so, that's really cool, even if it does blind people :p

I am with you mate let them see them shine!!! All these fairies with the bright lights upsetting them, ahhh have a cuddle :D

Let’s not be judgemental by labelling them all as inconsiderate drivers. That would suggest they appreciate the impact their behaviour has on others, but choose to do it anyway without consideration for others.
No danger of overthinking it this time mate....because by their own admission we know which category Welshy and FaN fall into. :lol:

I hope the aforementioned people can take a joke. :D

i fit the expected and assumed demographic on the design for this car perfectly.....that is baseball cap on backwards windows down and trance on full blast :lol:

No danger of overthinking it this time mate....because by their own admission we know which category Welshy and FaN fall into. :lol:

I hope the aforementioned people can take a joke. :D

I left a brick on my brake pedal all night just for you Ron :p

Car had a bit of a wobble this morning....took a couple more turns to start, then had 'Check System' for about a second before going back to normal....

Hmmm....will see if it happens again.

Few more observations about the car now I've had it 1500miles and driving it harder

Pace
I'm amazed how point to point fast the car is. It would destroy my GTR point to point on a typical British B road. The high speed stability and grip is absolutely phenomenal for a car of this price

Brakes
Again for the price of the car, the brakes have amazing feel and power. With new braided lines I'm fitting at the weekend they could possibly be the best brakes I've ever experienced on a road car. The pads again seem brilliant for a std road car - good bite, retardation.

Rigidity

Given the pace, and ground covering ability, I am still a little surprised at the scuttle shake, even in R

Power

It was a lot warmer today, and the effect on overall power was VERY noticeable. Having read lots on the American forum about significant derating, I always felt it was a bit exaggerated, but I am seriously thinking about additional cooling now

Handling

Wow. This is a well sorted car. The integration of brakes / handling, the way you can balance the car on the brakes, and rotate the car is incredible

Overall

On a pound for pound basis this is the best car I've owned, and possibly on sale. I think it is fantastic. I was worried before about character - and the car could do with a bit more sound and drama, but the chassis is so exciting I think this makes up for it.

Absolutely loving it.

Speaking of the American civicx forum loads of keen modders on there typically doing:

Intercooler
Downpipe
Turbo blanket
Injen or mishimoto intake
Hondata or KTuner flash (about 30 bhp and 45 lb/ft)
Exhaust

Love to have minerals and deep pockets like them!!!!!

Few more observations about the car now I've had it 1500miles and driving it harder

Pace
I'm amazed how point to point fast the car is. It would destroy my GTR point to point on a typical British B road. The high speed stability and grip is absolutely phenomenal for a car of this price

Brakes
Again for the price of the car, the brakes have amazing feel and power. With new braided lines I'm fitting at the weekend they could possibly be the best brakes I've ever experienced on a road car. The pads again seem brilliant for a std road car - good bite, retardation.

Rigidity

Given the pace, and ground covering ability, I am still a little surprised at the scuttle shake, even in R

Power

It was a lot warmer today, and the effect on overall power was VERY noticeable. Having read lots on the American forum about significant derating, I always felt it was a bit exaggerated, but I am seriously thinking about additional cooling now

Handling

Wow. This is a well sorted car. The integration of brakes / handling, the way you can balance the car on the brakes, and rotate the car is incredible

Overall

On a pound for pound basis this is the best car I've owned, and possibly on sale. I think it is fantastic. I was worried before about character - and the car could do with a bit more sound and drama, but the chassis is so exciting I think this makes up for it.

Absolutely loving it.

Good summary,don't disagree with any of that.

But you could also add:

Unexpected levels of refinement in terms of ride quality in "comfort"
and low cruising noise levels.

Enjoyment of just about the best manual gearbox around.

The BMW,Audi etc badge snobs don't know what they are missing:D

low cruising noise levels.
It is certainly not a noisy car by any stretch of the imagination, but neither is it quiet enough for it to considered one of it's noteable qualities. A Focus ST is quieter when cruising for example.
With tyres like them its never going to be whisper quiet. :)
The car excels at many things, but noise refinement is not of them. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is certainly not a noisy car by any stretch of the imagination, but neither is it quiet enough for it to considered one of it's noteable qualities. A Focus ST is quieter when cruising for example.
With tyres like them its never going to be whisper quiet. :)
The car excels at many things, but noise refinement is not of them. :)

Just comparing it with my previous car,the M140i,which had more road noise than the R...which is probably not what most would expect.
It certainly hasn't got the refinement of an expensive luxury car,or even as you say some other hot hatches,but let's say it's certainly nothing like as bad as you might fear,given the extreme tyres.

Another thing I learned today. Paint match between bumpers and metal body on champ white is horrendous!! Wish it was more akin to the body colour than the bumper colour

Another thing I learned today. Paint match between bumpers and metal body on champ white is horrendous!!
Cant say I've noticed anything on my car...but in general a good colour match between metal and plastic can be a common problem with all manufacturers....and gets better or worse with certain colours, with the worst being metallics.

Same throughout every CW edition just some were more prominent than others, luckily mines a match

Back