• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbo's Banger rally BEAST build

If you mate didn't want it I'd go full rivet/stick on arches but keep the original wheels.

I'm just jimbo, not jimbothemagnificent.

But agreed that would look epic.

Original wheels are a must, tyres seem the only part that are not the easiest to get hold of.

Checking eBay, there is some proper p.o.s for under £500. Everything from Skoda Fellatio's, Suzuki Ignoramus's, the ghastly Perodua Kelisa and my personal favourite a disabled Renault Kangoo. Could have a laugh with that doing fancy dress #stevenhawking #toosoon? ;) :twisted:

Could pay one of those street 'artists' to paint it badly with worlds and stuff.

What are they, something like 155/75R12?

Not sure without checking, but something stupid

Checking eBay, there is some proper p.o.s for under £500. Everything from Skoda Fellatio's, Suzuki Ignoramus's, the ghastly Perodua Kelisa and my personal favourite a disabled Renault Kangoo. Could have a laugh with that doing fancy dress #stevenhawking #toosoon? ;) :twisted:

Could pay one of those street 'artists' to paint it badly with worlds and stuff.

I had a skoda fellatio for about 10 months many moons ago, was on par reliability wise with the EP3, handled like a barge, so floaty :lol:

Stephen hawking may be a bit too soon, thought about one of those and making it into a popemobile, but the whole pope paedo thing put me off the idea

So let the car run for about 25 mins on the drive and noticed a puddle forming underneath :smt087

I guess it was time for a little bit of work to start on the car this weekend.

So started stripping engine down seeing whats going on.

First thing that gets found is not very encouraging, instantly thinking head gasket gone

9fwi2q.jpg

Further looks and I dont think the car has been cared for so well over its life considering its only done 22k

2jbmx5j.jpg

The puddle growing under the car turned out to be coolant so not as much worry there
Some nice bits of duct tape "stopping" some leak and hose pipe replacements in there.

9fvdd2.jpg

Started stripping hoses out ready for replacements

k0k1fr.jpg

The coolant seemed fine when buying the car and inside the rad cap seemed fine too.
Must have cleaned it and hidden it well when we bought it.
Because the coolant system is full of rust, I mean full of rust.

Here is why there's so much rust, bottom end of rad has gone

103ijuv.jpg

So there's a fair bit of work to be getting on with before we can start decorating the car

But my mates Mrs was bored so she did a little painting on the plastic cover

ngyqzt.jpg

Then all back together for now as it is being stored on the drive

111tkbo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As everything always gets left to the last minute..

Some updates finally as the Rally is next weekend.

Got the car mostly done.

Very badly wrapped!

Ill let the before and (almost) after pictures do the talking:

IMG-4924_zpst6ianf5p.jpg

IMG-4925_zpsoujzzcib.jpg

IMG-4926_zpsze29kmxq.jpg

IMG-4927_zpssomsabu8.jpg

IMG-4928_zps0snwvgyf.jpg

IMG-4929_zps5pyclvy3.jpg

Also If you didn't notice the spoiler :lol: in the previous shots:

IMG-4915_zps45fgolze.jpg

And a nice frontal:

IMG-4916_zpsftsfkeam.jpg

The PA system and animal noise/siren is also installed, Which is hilarious fun to use.

All left to do with the car now, is paint the wheels bright yellow and finish off the front door and window decals.

Really looking forward to next weekend now

P.s. The wrap looks even more special in real life :eek:

Dat wrap :lol:

This is awesome though!

Was rushed just a little bit :lol:, plus it really was awful cheap wrap that kept splitting etc

We didn't have enough to replace any panels, once the first crease went it, zero fvcks were given.

I have wrapped odd bits perfectly, wrapping a full car is much harder especially in a 5 hours.

The other thing I neglected to mention is leg room..

Im 6ft not overly tall, but this is the seat all the way back

IMG-4907_zps5zzboqcb.jpg

So think we will get another car for next years longer banger rally

Oh Mai Daiz this thread is so full of winning! :lol: Amazing job Jim, love the Mario style wrap, and that spoiler is a thing of beauty ;)

How many of you doing it?

Sit in the back

There are 3 of us, leg room in the back is worse.
I suppose its all part of the fun :)

Going to alternate driving regularly as this thing is so much fun to drive.

800cc 40hp when new.

But being 700kg it is nippier than I thought.

Easy enough to dead lift one corner off the ground anyway

Steering is a little shady though :eek:

Oh Mai Daiz this thread is so full of winning! :lol: Amazing job Jim, love the Mario style wrap, and that spoiler is a thing of beauty ;)

Spoiler cost £5 delivered from China

Costumes have just arrived in today's post too

Also fitted a stereo with rejects from the attic

Sony USB headunit and one 6x9 thats about 15 years old. should be enough for one weekend

Spoiler cost £5 delivered from China

Costumes have just arrived in today's post too

Also fitted a stereo with rejects from the attic

Sony USB headunit and one 6x9 thats about 15 years old. should be enough for one weekend

Needs some monstrous Subs in the boot, one of those Max Power days cabinet style setups with two ear splitting 14" Kickers and a shed load of LED's :lol: Only issues there would be the 40bhp would feel like 4bhp from the weight :lol:

shady would be an understatement considering you can only hold about 30% of the wheel.

Add in the fact it is fighting to the left and shakes an inch left, then an inch right quickly too.

Not forgetting the wheels are 4J width!

Needs some monstrous Subs in the boot, one of those Max Power days cabinet style setups with two ear splitting 14" Kickers and a shed load of LED's :lol: Only issues there would be the 40bhp would feel like 4bhp from the weight :lol:

Boot is quite a bit smaller than your mini's boot. so doesn't leave much room.

As my mate has a fli twin sub set up from about 10 years ago we could have had for it.

The thing would bounce around from the bass like hydraulics :cool:

:creep:

DUDE! I live in Inverness! Unfortunately this will be the first weekend I've been away from home in months.... That's mighty unlucky. How long you hanging around for? I'll be home late sunday night.

Staying in Inverness for the night on sunday, the final meet point of the rally is in Gellions Bar at 8pm (if you know it)
Probably be out for drinks most the night.

no accommodation sorted yet, last minute plans as always :rolleyes:

Back