• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbo's Banger rally BEAST build

Me and a few other friends are doing a banger rally in September.
York to Inverness with many stops on route etc.

For those unfamiliar with banger rallys, here are the details:
https://www.bustrallies.com/loch-ness-monster

Anyway I thought i'd start a build thread as we and the car are going fancy dress.

After searching for the right banger for a few months, found something too hilarious to pass up.

Its a Perodua Nippa (basically a slightly modified Daihatsu Mira)

Now it is properly hilarious to drive, its tiny (I mean look how it sits on the path), we had so many giggles in it.
It is actually quite nippy up to about 28mph then the power tails off..

0.8L Daihatsu 3 cyl engine. 600kg
0-60 in forever and top speed about 80mph

But the most surprising thing in tight corners this thing fly's around them.
Seems to have plenty of grip too?? even with skinny budget tyres.. it doesn't add up.

Anyway here's a couple of pictures to keep you going:

mrxmxc.jpg

a2xf9s.jpg

There are two more turbo badges on the back of the car on the top part of the boot. :picardfp::D

Bah, needs an actual turbo. That would be hilarious, some HUGELY overpowered thing, the sort of thing requiring adamantium bolts to hold the block together and manifolds in place :)

hqdefault.jpg

More seriously though, sounds amusing, I hope it goes well for you!

Needs genuine fake turbo noises adding to it and brembo caliper covers :D

This will be happening, we also have on order a PA system with sirens and animal noises built in.

The only problem is one of the other team members loves the car and wants it for himself.
He wants us to do minimal damage to the car in decorating it so it can be returned to standard and he wants to buy us out after and keep it as a third car.
There are approx 100 left registered in the UK.

Its only done 22k ha

Bah, needs an actual turbo. That would be hilarious, some HUGELY overpowered thing, the sort of thing requiring adamantium bolts to hold the block together and manifolds in place :)

More seriously though, sounds amusing, I hope it goes well for you!

Thanks, Yes a turbo would be nice and engine swap but wont be happening alas

42hp when new. dread to think what its running at now.

This will be happening, we also have on order a PA system with sirens and animal noises built in.

The only problem is one of the other team members loves the car and wants it for himself.
He wants us to do minimal damage to the car in decorating it so it can be returned to standard and he wants to buy us out after and keep it as a third car.
There are approx 100 left registered in the UK.

Its only done 22k ha
Cars are rare for one of two reasons usually :lol:

When we did the End2End a team with a 405 estate had a PA mounted to the roof similar to that! Could also play stuff through a aux cable too!

Thanks, Yes a turbo would be nice and engine swap but wont be happening alas

42hp when new. dread to think what its running at now.
4.2 now? :lol:

Rarity does not equal desirability.

No but he is the kind of guy that will end up with the last one of these alive.
It wouldn't be for future resale as he cannot and hasn't ever let a car go until they go the big car graveyard in the sky

Edit: who wouldn't want one of these! you might say no, but take it for a blast and your mind will blow

Last edited by a moderator:
Cars are rare for one of two reasons usually :lol:

When we did the End2End a team with a 405 estate had a PA mounted to the roof similar to that! Could also play stuff through a aux cable too!

4.2 now? :lol:

Like the Aux option not sure if ours does that, will have to check.

4.2 if lucky :rolleyes:
Sure is a laugh to drive though, nearly as funny as it is to look at and makes you appreciate your other cars thats for sure

Like the Aux option not sure if ours does that, will have to check.

4.2 if lucky :rolleyes:
Sure is a laugh to drive though, nearly as funny as it is to look at and makes you appreciate your other cars thats for sure
Nugget cars are a right laugh! You don't take it seriously and neither does anyone else around you.

Bosozoku style exhaust would be hilarious! You could attach it with a V band to keep your mate happy?

If you mate didn't want it I'd go full rivet/stick on arches but keep the original wheels.

Back