• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 CTR on track

Evening,

Iv booked a track day for my newly acquired FN2, anything to watch out for specific to the fn2 platform?

Thanks Dan

Standard brakes are very weak, so if it's a standard car you will get brake fade very quickly.

Make sure the oil is topped up before and after. Watch out for mis-shifting on down shifts and therefore over-revving.

As above, it’s worth getting some updated fluid and pads. Make sure your tyres are good, keep an eye on pressures and oil.

Standard brakes are very weak, so if it's a standard car you will get brake fade very quickly.

Make sure the oil is topped up before and after. Watch out for mis-shifting on down shifts and therefore over-revving.

As above, it’s worth getting some updated fluid and pads. Make sure your tyres are good, keep an eye on pressures and oil.

Thanks for the replys guys,

Iv got khumho V70A tyres aswell as goodridge SS 6pc brake hose kit to fit. I’m looking into pad choices. Last set I tried in my mk2 LCR were Project Mu HC800, but someone suggested PBS which seem reasonably priced .would you know if Endless MX72 pads are any good?

I’ll get some decent fluid ordered aswell for good measure.

Looking forward to this

I've got the HC800 on my EP3 and I'm going to switch to PBS shortly. I really don't rate the Project Mu pads.

I’d go for PBS pads.

I’ve just put PBS pads in my ep3, highly rate them.

I thought mine were crap as well.

Iv been offered the PBS pro race pads for £109. Do you run the rears aswell ? (@£75)

The pro race is rated up to 800c same as the the HC800. Is this the compound you guys are using?

In respect to the PMu HC800 you might want to try the next compound up if there crap. I ran them in a 4 pot Brembo and had them cooked after 4 hot laps in a 1400kg car. HU16-03 compound which was nearly £500 a set are highly rated but well out of my budget.

I ran HC800 on my S2000 and they lasted one track day. I didn't like them. I've been running RS29 since and they're fantastic, I doubt I'll try another pad.

PBS are about the best pad you can get for the OEM calliper. I wouldn't bother changing rear pads.

PBS pads on order.

Had my car serviced at Honda about 4weeks ago, also had a ecutek remap and iv been enjoying it all with the semi slick tyres. Iv noticed my oil consumption is notably got worse with 5w-30 shell oil. V always ran I higher rated oil in my previous cars of 10w-40. I’m thinking a 5w-40 millers nanodrive or Fuch pro S might be a little more hardy

What do you guys used?

I used to use 5w-50 a fair bit, but 10w-60 works best for me, very little usage on track.

Back