• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Diskloks

The car manufacturers won’t make them shut off when out of range of the key for safety reasons. It’s relatively common to discover a high end car left unlocked and running somewhere remote so the thieves know if it’s got a tracker or not. If it’s not recovered, they jump back in and drive to Dover.

Well with the queues that will be at Dover soon, maybe they won't bother stealing them. At last something good to say about brexit..!

Going to get one of these diskloks for my new fk8 when it arrives - anyone happen to know the steering wheel diameter so I can get the right size?

Of course up to you but I wouldn't bother mate, I had the same idea and did get a decent steering wheel bar as a deterrent but ended up smashing about in the boot and now it's under my bed....

The scum are too busy taking golf Rs and focus rs....there is no market for parts on ours yet and prob won't be. Joyriders maybe but you'd be bloody unlucky..

Decent key pouch yes

Of course up to you but I wouldn't bother mate, I had the same idea and did get a decent steering wheel bar as a deterrent but ended up smashing about in the boot and now it's under my bed....

that was my final nail in the coffin with such devices. when it's not in the car, it's rolling about in the passenger footwell or rear seats. drive with any sort of enthusiasm and it's going to cause damage.
if security is that much of a concern then get a tracker, and/or security posts at home.

speak with insurer, see what the premiums will do based on various security devices. when i enquired on the FK2 in nov 2015, i found no change in premium so they weren't seeing any improvement to security.

Don’t kid yourself these cars don’t attract the wrong kind of attention- I have been bloody unlucky.

It might be a pain securing these things when driving but it’s better to have an added deterrent.

Driveway posts going in too.

Keep mine in the rear foot well behind the drivers seat, 4 years in and no rattling or sliding about,
Pretty sure you need the medium one, also purchase the wheel sock, drape a T towel over the wheel and then secure it in place using the wheel sock, 0 marks on the wheel

Back