• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 MyHonda dongle thing?

Based on how I drove when I saw an FK2 last week and we convoyed for 50 odd miles, I’m glad I don’t have one of these. I regressed about 15 years.

I saw an FK2 last week and we convoyed for 50 odd miles
I had a similar type of experience yesterday albeit over a much shorter distance with a......wait for it - Toyota Avensis. :eek:
I was on a country road with plenty of corners and short straights when he(assumed Male) suddenly appeared on my rear bumper. I seen him and wondered what he was playing at so at every bend in the road I simply cruised round without touching my brakes or decreasing speed, and everytime he fell behind then came screaming back up to my bumper on the straights. I wasn't trying in the slightest but found it amusing how he couldn't keep up on the bends yet seemed to think he was proving some kind of point by catching up again on the straights.
In the end we got to a set of red traffic lights with 2 lanes and we were side by side.....I deliberately just looked straight ahead while he sat there revving his engine. :rolleyes:
There are some strange people out there. :lol:

Regarding the free Dongle.....having thought about the pros and cons I have decided not to bother.

Be prepared for the above as it WILL become a daily thing, I use to play with them but it becomes tedious and fecking annoying, the odd occasion is ok but I now find it's best not to bite

Be prepared for the above as it WILL become a daily thing, I use to play with them but it becomes tedious and fecking annoying, the odd occasion is ok but I now find it's best not to bite

It is annoying... At least 2-3 times per week you have someone that wants to race you... I have fun when speed limits go from 40 to 70 (or 30 to 70) and show them true powa(tm) and then I signal left and set my cruise control to the speed limit :p

It was the "driving style" points chart that got me thinking, strong braking, strong acceleration, driving more than 80mph
Seems a bit suspect, as the saying goes "nothing is free in this world"

Strong braking you say? well that was to stop the brakes squeaking.
Strong Acceleration? only to the speed limit sir then it's ACC all the way
more than 80mph? nah gotta be the curvature of the earth or the fact my speedo over-reads by 10% anyway :lol:

thing is, we've all got likely got Smartphones with accelerometers built-in and if you're running google maps or WAZE while on-board abd the BiB really wanted to know your driving style they wouldn't only rely on the Honda Dongle as a source of evidence in a court case.

Just because we're all paranoid, doesn't mean they are not actually watching us! :evil:

Strong braking you say? well that was to stop the brakes squeaking.
Strong Acceleration? only to the speed limit sir then it's ACC all the way
more than 80mph? nah gotta be the curvature of the earth or the fact my speedo over-reads by 10% anyway :lol:

thing is, we've all got likely got Smartphones with accelerometers built-in and if you're running google maps or WAZE while on-board abd the BiB really wanted to know your driving style they wouldn't only rely on the Honda Dongle as a source of evidence in a court case.

Just because we're all paranoid, doesn't mean they are not actually watching us! :evil:

I don't have a smart phone! Not interested in one.

I'm impressed how clever it is already.
I phoned the dealer this morning to see how I went about getting it fitted. I'm off on Wednesday morning so was going to ask if that would be ok.
"No problem sir, we can book you in for next week. Is Wednesday morning suitable?"
Technology eh!!

Back