• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Wheel corrosion

I've noticed a bit on bubbling on 2 if my wheels any body had this issue? Will Honda try to get out of it?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Same here on my FK2 mate.
I was going to see what my local dealer says but doubt they will sort them.

There is so little paint on the backs of the wheels that it was only a matter of time before they started to corrode.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've not had any problems but had all 4 wheels replaced under warrenty on my ep3 type r while in the 3 year old warrenty period. This was 15 years ago now!

Same here on my FK2 mate.
I was going to see what my local dealer says but doubt they will sort them.

There is so little paint on the backs of the wheels that it was only a matter of time before they started to corrode.

I'll take mine after I move house in a month or so can't be bothered with the hassle at the moment, I did ring and they want £114 to look at it then if they think it's ok under warranty I get the money back which is a joke

I did ring and they want £114 to look at it then if they think it's ok under warranty I get the money back which is a joke

Sorry, is that £114 to look at the wheels? What dealer is that, name and shame!?

Sorry, is that £114 to look at the wheels? What dealer is that, name and shame!?
Yeah to do a report, said they can tell if tfr (what ever she called it may of been used), was Warrington honda, a girl on the phone sounded a bit arsey that I didn't buy from them and told me to go where I bought from, but pointed out it's under Honda warranty so why should I, I'll ring again after my house move

Here is a couple pics of mine that i have ready to show my dealer.
They start going from the back of the spokes due to the fact there is hardly any paint on the backs of the wheels from the factory.
6d84c367321ce42b8a8b8bbdccf801da.jpg
5e0e38c71e02167a585bd05f6213abec.jpg
db22949b8bde3bdd0a693104c61202f4.jpg

Car is going in for them to inspect and hopefully put in a claim for 4 new wheels under warranty this Thursday.
If anyone else has the same issues then try and get in to your dealer this week and get it logged on their system.

Here is a couple pics of mine that i have ready to show my dealer.
They start going from the back of the spokes due to the fact there is hardly any paint on the backs of the wheels from the factory.
6d84c367321ce42b8a8b8bbdccf801da.jpg
5e0e38c71e02167a585bd05f6213abec.jpg
db22949b8bde3bdd0a693104c61202f4.jpg

What have they said? Mine are just starting they are not as bad, my car has only 7k on it

They just said that it shouldn't be doing that and to bring it in for them to take pics to send to the Honda warranty people.

Will know more on Thursday but my local dealer is confident that they will replace them for me. (I wont hold my breath )

Mine is 2.5 years old with 21k

Oh well. My dealer put in a claim for 4 new wheels under warranty yesterday and they just got back and said the claim was declined.

Bit crap really considering you can blatantly tell they are corroding due to the fact there is so little paint/protection on the backs.

Fcuk you Mr Honda and i refuse to buy an FK8 now out of principle.

I'd imagine they will be expecting last minute claims put in and will no doubt decline near all, only 3 months to go, these 3 years have flown by.

My side bolster weld had snapped in February and I thought about trying for a warranty claim but I know what the outcome would be so never bothered.
My brembo front drivers caliper has now lost all it's lacquer, the alloys centre caps have faded and the lacquer is bubbling up.

I'm still debating their extended warranty for peace of mind

I'd imagine they will be expecting last minute claims put in and will no doubt decline near all, only 3 months to go, these 3 years have flown by.

My side bolster weld had snapped in February and I thought about trying for a warranty claim but I know what the outcome would be so never bothered.
My brembo front drivers caliper has now lost all it's lacquer, the alloys centre caps have faded and the lacquer is bubbling up.

I'm still debating their extended warranty for peace of mind

Or just upgrade :)

Sounds like the accountants were out in force at the FK2 production meeting.

Here come the conspiracy theories about parts being manufactured to only last for the warranty period.

The same happened to my FN2 black wheels after only 1 year. Honda wernt interested.
The reason I liked Honda was their customer service, I feel they're starting to go the way of other marquees and lose that personal touch.

Did a full wheel decontamination, clay, polish and seal over the weekend and noticed my front offside has lacquer peel in three small places.
Damn.
Commence. Hassle.

Back