• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Wheel corrosion

Just had a call from a Girl called Emily at Honda customer services and they have offered "as a good will gesture"to give me a new alloy.

I have one wheel which is proper bad so atleast i can replace that and hopefully my dealer can sort me out some discount to get another.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oh well. My dealer put in a claim for 4 new wheels under warranty yesterday and they just got back and said the claim was declined.

Bit crap really considering you can blatantly tell they are corroding due to the fact there is so little paint/protection on the backs.

Fcuk you Mr Honda and i refuse to buy an FK8 now out of principle.

Not good, can you push for a refurb

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

just sell it and get them refurbed
I think any parts replaced under warranty have to go back to Honda mate.
Will find out today.
Im debating whether to seek legal advice about this situation as it is a manufacturing defect.

The paint started to flake of my wheels on my FK2. No corrosion issues but definitely a **** paint issue. Honda replaced the wheels when I PX'd it in under warranty and didn?t sting me on the PX price.

Just been offered two replacement alloys instead of the one as a good will gesture by the nice Lady's at Honda customer services.

All four would of been nice but i can live with the other two wheels as they are not half as bad and i will just buy a couple more at some point.

So my faith in Honda is back on and im a little bit happier than i was. ☺

Just been offered two replacement alloys instead of the one as a good will gesture by the nice Lady's at Honda customer services.

All four would of been nice but i can live with the other two wheels as they are not half as bad and i will just buy a couple more at some point.

So my faith in Honda is back on and im a little bit happier than i was. ☺

Still not enough to go for an 8..?

Well my wheels claim got refused, so rang myself and explained it's my 5th type r and had no previous issues and my car only has 7k, they came back with a £250 credit to my dealer to use for for anything service, new wheels refurb etc or I can complain to the motor ombudsman, has anyone done this, what's the likely outcome if anyone has tried this route, surely wheels should not start corroding so soon!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Funnily noticed mine today whilst washing the car, was more than fine a few weeks back but today I noticed some weird large blemishes on the side of the spokes? looks like corrosion under the paint.
I won't bother going down the warranty route though it's to late in the game for any aggro, surprised me how quick they turned though and my alloys have a 5 year sealant on them so definitely coming from underneath

As the old saying goes “they don’t make them like they used to”

Faster - yes , better quality , negligible.

Just had a call from a Girl called Emily at Honda customer services and they have offered "as a good will gesture"to give me a new alloy.

I have one wheel which is proper bad so atleast i can replace that and hopefully my dealer can sort me out some discount to get another.

Is this Honda garage at Rotherham?

My 2 replacement alloys are in and being fitted on friday afternoon.

My Dealer told me i can keep the 2 that come off aswell so not a bad result really.

A damn sight better than just the one replacement that was offered at first.

Yeah i was going to go with a lairy colour like kawasaki green or dyno-rod orange.

Undecided at the minute though.

I think mine are doing that, but I’ve scuffed them on a kerb too. Only a bit. Hoping they won’t try and wiggle out of it for that.

Back