• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

tinting the windows on a fn2 type r

so I rang a few local places to get a quote on tinting the windows on my mrs fn2 type r (59 plate) and ive been told that the lower part of the rear screen under the spoiler is plastic and cannot be done.

is this correct? would look a little daft half black half clear in my opinion

so I rang a few local places to get a quote on tinting the windows on my mrs fn2 type r (59 plate) and ive been told that the lower part of the rear screen under the spoiler is plastic and cannot be done.

That is partly correct.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Had my silver FN2 tinted, didn't have the lower portion done. You can't tell when outside the car as the rear is dark and without squatting down all you can see through the lower part is parcel shelf.

Pics in the thread in my signature.

What were you quoted for the work?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've seen a few fn2's with fish eye vinyl stuck over the outside of the lower window and it looks okay in my opinion. Not sure if the vinyl smoke that's used for headlights may stick over the outside of the lower window. The only other option if you don't fancy that and want full tints is solar plexius as Flashy mentioned

Back