• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Wilmo's FN2

Finally got all the external stuff done to my baby so I can share photos.
Just for info the TypeR badge on the front is not genuine Honda, I could not be bothered with the work involved to fit one so bought a cheap one from Ebay and there is just enough space for it on the grille, the side stickers are copies too but seem well enough made.

The Si is her little brother that the wife drives, bought that one first and was so impressed I had to get the TypeR.:smt077

The only mods are fitting an HKS panel filter and upgrading interior lights, front side lights, reversing & number plate lights to LED plus some +50% high beam bulbs.
New OEM Brembo discs and pads next Wednesday.

100_0922.JPG100_0921.JPG100_0918.JPG100_0917.JPG100_0916.JPG100_0915.JPG100_0914.JPG100_0913.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Could one of the moderators please move this to members cars I think I put it in the wrong area!

Very nice :)

RE. The Grill badge...I managed to fit mine but took a bit of a risk. Basically removed as much as I could, leaving the grille held on only at the bottom then prised it forwards and wedged it in place with something (might even have been a piece of wood!) while I fitted the badge. Still hardly any room, fiddly as hell to fit the fixings from behind and I cut the back of my hand but it worked. Obviously I wouldn't recommend this as you could easily break something (and cut yourself!) but there was no way I was removing the bumper. It's pretty ridiculous that so much has to come off the front end to fit a badge!

Think I paid something daft like £60 for the official Honda kit that came with the front badge + side decals all in one. I was utterly cursing the original owner's decision not to order these when the car was new lol

That's why I bought one from ebay which was self adhesive and stuck it on the lip of the grille fitted nicely and is still holding on and not losing paint.

Oh, and the Brembos seem up to the job with very little dust.

That's why I bought one from ebay which was self adhesive and stuck it on the lip of the grille fitted nicely and is still holding on and not losing paint.

Oh, and the Brembos seem up to the job with very little dust.

yeah its different and lazy :p lol

Wilbo buy the genuine badge and we ll fit it at the next meet, with the amount of times my frond end has had to completely come off, I am sure we can do a grille in a few mins :p

Baby gets tested

Got 3 dyno runs done. Lowest was 215 bhp, other two were 216 & 217. No mods just a nice cold day, 98 RON fuel & HKS panel filter.
Surprised the guys at the tuners as well as me!Dyno 180119.jpg

so a panel filter has made the car 20bhp now thats how we roll if thats the case mine will be 280 bhp lol :p

so a panel filter has made the car 20bhp now thats how we roll if thats the case mine will be 280 bhp lol :p

I wonder if the temps had much to do with it or if its just a generous dyno. I mean CAI and Catback with a map is around 220-225 so surprised this has hit 215 without mods or map! I know wilmo looks after the car well so I'm sure it is mechanically perfect but still surprising :)

I wonder if the temps had much to do with it or if its just a generous dyno. I mean CAI and Catback with a map is around 220-225 so surprised this has hit 215 without mods or map! I know wilmo looks after the car well so I'm sure it is mechanically perfect but still surprising :)

The guys thought that the cold air could have made up to 5% so I guess 10hp of that?
Maybe a couple from the panel filter & fuel each?
Maybe it's the mappers with a generous dyno?

If you read my post properly you will see that I have listed 3 factors that the tuners suggested.
I suspect that the filter is the lowest contribution.

Really nice figures dude! Do you notice a difference using 98R fuel? I tried it a few times on my old 323 and thought it made a difference but never got the chance to test it so put it down to Placebo in the end.

Really nice figures dude! Do you notice a difference using 98R fuel? I tried it a few times on my old 323 and thought it made a difference but never got the chance to test it so put it down to Placebo in the end.

Haven't tried it on standard fuel so don't really know, it is supposed to give a bit more torque so you don't need the revs, so gives slightly better MPG. I used super diesel in my BMW 120D and it felt perkier and seemed to get more MPG.
BTW I had a 51 reg 323F sport in silver. One of the most fun cars I have had, handled like a go kart but was underpowered.

We definitely used to get better mpg and performance from the wife's Mazda 6 sport but that was a 2.2diesel when running on better fuel. Maybe it's a dirty diesel thing XD

I had a 2L sport 323 for a sport while but I agree with you, it's was really under powered and too heavy. I still have my 2.5V6 track car 323F though, that's a little better.

What are your next plans for the FN2?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back