• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

More alarm woes

I've read pretty much all posts featuring "Alarm" to try and figure out the problem on my 05 EP3 facelift.
I'm really no closer to solving the issue so wondered if any of you guys can help.
The car would not open on the fob and when l opened the door on the key the alarm activated.
The only way to stop was to go through the usual fob to car programming sequence.

I bite the bullet and took it to a Honda main dealer for diagnosis. They said the fob was dud and sold me a replacement at trade price. They then master programmed the fob to the car. Worked perfectly for a week then the American issue has returned.
So it's something on the car itself. If you don't lock the car it's all fine. The alarm does not go off randomly. Thankfully l have a lockable garage.

If nobody can help lm going to have to lay out money for a diagnostic fault finder. The technician at Honda said it might be the remote central locking sensor behind the stereo failing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Back