• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Absolute bargain!

Just out of interest, how does the water escape? How do people get on when washing the car ect? Has anyone ever had problems with water being sucked in the intake? Cheers

Just out of interest, how does the water escape? How do people get on when washing the car ect? Has anyone ever had problems with water being sucked in the intake? Cheers
I haven't had mine all that long so not the best person to ask.

However there is a drainage hole in the bottom of the intake and with regards to washing the car I'm just fairly careful not to point the pressure washer directly into the scoop.

I purchased mine off Flashy so he might have further input.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Cheers for the info bud. I’ve currently got an ITG Maxogen but booked in for mapping in June at TDi North and was just looking at possibilities to change to a different intake maybe or I might just keep with the ITG

Christ never knew these went for that much feel bad for shaving the corner of the scoop on mine now for better bonnet clearance

When I had mine, when washing the car, I just used to shove a rag into the scoop. Never had an issue.

Cheers for the info bud. I’ve currently got an ITG Maxogen but booked in for mapping in June at TDi North and was just looking at possibilities to change to a different intake maybe or I might just keep with the ITG

Stick with the ITG.

The issue I find with the Gruppe M is the amount of cocking around one has to do to get the thing to stop rattling. I changed mine for a Mugen intake and I was much happier. The noise wasn't nearly as loud which I preferred but that's entirely subjective. As an added bonus I made more power as well. The ITG is a great intake as well which makes good power and also a lovely noise but the default choice appears to be the Teg M/Gruppe M despite what I think are big drawbacks.

The issue I find with the Gruppe M is the amount of cocking around one has to do to get the thing to stop rattling. I changed mine for a Mugen intake and I was much happier. The noise wasn't nearly as loud which I preferred but that's entirely subjective. As an added bonus I made more power as well. The ITG is a great intake as well which makes good power and also a lovely noise but the default choice appears to be the Teg M/Gruppe M despite what I think are big drawbacks.

I agree on how much you have to fettle with it to stop the rattle. Mine is done using springs, cable ties and some foam behind it :D Quiet now though, at last.

Plus one for rattling being annoying but I just live with it as it's been on a few years now.

I’m going to stick with the ITG for sure, it is a great bit of kit and fits perfectly with no rattles, as I said im booked in for mapping in June at TDI North and the only engine / breathing mods I have are the ITG and a Skunk 2 mega power exhaust, so I will see what power it comes away with. To be fair I’m not after peak power figures, I just want more mid range torque and usable power with a lower vtec point. Looking forward to it.

Take it to EFI in Runcorn, top quality service and the map on my FD2 is excellent.

Or perhaps Ti Motorsport as they're a bit closer.

Take it to EFI in Runcorn, top quality service and the map on my FD2 is excellent.

Or perhaps Ti Motorsport as they're a bit closer.

I considered TI motorsport as I’ve had great work done there before, just asking but why not TDI North?

Back