• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ready to buy FK8 - what should i know, wheeler dealer wise?

Hi folks, wasn't sure where to post this.
Probation period finished at work, and i'm ready to take out a bank loan, put a deposit down and buy a nearly new FK8 (GT). (not even considering finance, i want to do track days and keep changing my car every year so want to own it)

Is there anything at all that i really should know about when it comes to haggling?
is there any bargaining room at all on the price? or is the sticker price fairly static when it comes to approved used honda's?
should i nudge the dealer to throw in free servicing plans or anything like that?

any other tips of the trade i should be aware of? i'm only planning on buying from approved used honda dealers.
and i'm assuming the car would still come with the remainder of the manufacturer warranty, right.....?

Looking at the honda website there's currently 27 FK8's, varying from £29,450 to 33k, and no real correlation with mileage....... so i wonder if i can go to my nearest dealer and if, the price is say, £31k, get him to take £1.5k off it?
etc..etc....

thanks

Just print off the cheapest you've seen at a dealer at a similar mileage to the one you want and go and say you'll pay the price of the one you printed for it. The only other considerations are optional carbon packs and service packs. Service pack is bargain, so if you can get one with a service pack all the better.

One thing though, dealer finance doesn't necessarily mean you don't, "Own," the car. PCP means you don't own it, but you don't have to get PCP. Typically banks don't like lending more than £25k as an unsecured loan so car finance may be your only option.

Good luck.

Just print off the cheapest you've seen at a dealer at a similar mileage to the one you want and go and say you'll pay the price of the one you printed for it. The only other considerations are optional carbon packs and service packs. Service pack is bargain, so if you can get one with a service pack all the better.

One thing though, dealer finance doesn't necessarily mean you don't, "Own," the car. PCP means you don't own it, but you don't have to get PCP. Typically banks don't like lending more than £25k as an unsecured loan so car finance may be your only option.

Good luck.

yes i should have clarified, i don't need the loan for the full value! just part, 20k. my credit score is perfect, decent earnings no debts etc.etc... so confident i can get a 3% loan. Will be very surprised if honda can match that! Even if they did - it'd be hire purchase or PCP and i do'nt want to be locked in - i wouldn't want to hold the car for 3 years minimum.

thanks, it looks like thats all i can really do i guess, walk in with a printout! maybe ask them to throw in the servicing pack too.
there's a lovely black one in derby near me, i'll go check it out at the weekend.

Loans and credit scores work in strange ways, so be careful.

In 2013 I was in talks with Torque GT about importing an Fd2, he even kindly got cars checked out for me at no charge, When it got close to me biting the bullet I applied for the loan, totally Debt free, Perfect score, Long time in employment, decent regular wage, and YEP declined a loan, even with my bank of 30 years,

Now in decent debt I'm getting credit cards thrown at me, low APR loans offered,

I'd do soft loan searches first, you might be surprised at what you're offered

Back