• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

car jerks/kangaroos at low revs/low throttle

2005 Type R, unmodified, 100,000 miles.
At very low revs, 1st gear, foot just off the throttle, then touch throttle gently, car jerks/kangaroos. Not touching the clutch.
Honda fobbed me off with "it's anti-stall technology", no help.
Replaced throttle body (with 2nd hand item), no change.
Nothing on the diagnostics.
Any thoughts please.

Have you had the car long? Worse when it's cold? Could just be the light flywheel. Air filter clean?

Have the clearances been checked every 25k and therefore timing checked it still lines up while you're there?

Fuel filter is at 75k, could be getting ready for a change and causing fueling issues under load at low revs.

Have the clearances been checked every 25k and therefore timing checked it still lines up while you're there?
Fuel filter is at 75k, could be getting ready for a change and causing fueling issues under load at low revs.

Could it be the MAF sensor?. Where is it on the type R?

Would think it would have come up on the diagnostic check. I'd take the intake pipe off the throttle body and see if it is caked in crap.

When was the last time the spark plugs were changed? This cured a similar issue I was having when I first got my EP3.

Back