• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help needed want to upgrade my ep3 front brakes

Spoon make a set, Stoptech quite a popular one, Ksystem pro make an adapter for the Megane R26 Brembos which use a Nissan 350 disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you want 4 pots? I think that's worth knowing before you spend £800+ on upgrading your brakes which could be achieved with less money, needs dependant of course.

Start with braided lines, uprated fluid such as RBF 600 and good pads, try RS29 or PBS. That’ll be a massive improvement over stock setup. Plus you may find that the calipers might need some attention, new seals, grease the sliders and some new discs would do a world of wonder.

Sorry to jump on this thread but my brakes could do with being improved, I've got fairly new pads and discs (previous owner) but need to get some more "bite". I've heard good things about the PBS pads, I've also heard it's better to stay with OEM style discs i.e. not grooved/drilled?

Sorry to jump on this thread but my brakes could do with being improved, I've got fairly new pads and discs (previous owner) but need to get some more "bite". I've heard good things about the PBS pads, I've also heard it's better to stay with OEM style discs i.e. not grooved/drilled?

PBS pads are good and it's generally the pads which give initial bite. OEM discs are fine for road, maybe consider grooved but it will increase noise and pad wear.

My setup up until recently was standard size 300mm RPB discs, DS2500 pads, braided lines and a brake stopper. All very good, much improved over the OEM stuff and easily good enough for a little track time.
Recently changed to the K-System 325mm kit. Overall power is obviously up but the biggest improvement is the feel\modulation of the brakes. Another advantage of the 350Z discs is further scope for upgrade, plenty of choices for 2-piece units if you want of need them. Probably the cheapest kit out there too, but doesn't fit under standard wheels without spacers.

Unless you're doing extended track sessions or really need the bling factor a BBK is not really needed, upgrading the factory spec components is sufficient. As Chris said service what you have first, makes a big difference.

My current brake set up which I fitted recently and gives very good brake bite and performance for road use and occasional track use =

RPB front and rear grooved discs
RPB Braided brake lines
PBS front brake pads
Genuine Honda Rear pads
Motul RBF 600 brake fluid
New Genuine Honda OEM Front calipers
Budweg Rear calipers

The brakes feel good and really good bite but they are noisey when braking hard and the dust is quite bad,but doesn’t really bother me.

This set up works for me but if your planning on doing a lot of track days then it’s probably worth investing in a big brake conversion/ set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back