• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Tyre Advice

Looking to get a set of 4 new tyres for a EP3. Will be doing some "spirited" driving and covering around 6-8k miles a year. I am currently looking at the below brands as they're within my budget. Which would you recommend if any? Thanks.

Pirelli P Zero Nero GT
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A
Continental ContiSportContact 5

I believe these are semi-slick/track tyres which i've used on more powerful cars. Don't really see the point in having them on a stock powered EP3 unless i'm tracking it. Juts looking for something with good grip and tyre wear.

I've got a stock powered ep3 and they're great, not just the power going through the front wheels it's the confident cornering, but I see where you are coming from. I'd look at Michelin ps4 if I changed to something else

Michelin PS4 or PS4S if you can afford them as mentioned by Flashy (and undoubtedly others elsewhere). The PS4 just by themselves are awesome though, I doubt you's need the S unless you're really thrashing it.

I've got Goodyear F1 AS3 on my FN2 18" wheels - given me confidence to get "spirited" even in the wet.
Try Blackcircles if you haven't already - some of the best prices with local fitters.

Why not try Yokohama blue earths AE-01, this is what I have fitted, on my 2nd set now and can honestly say they are a great tyre. Good grip in wet and dry, good on track too. There around £85 each fitted.

RE050a is the replacement tyre that was originally factory fit for the EP3 and is a very good tyre (RE040 factory fit, discontinued). Although it is a little dated now.
Some others mentioned are also good. Most top brand tyres all perform similar but may have slightly different characteristics. For example, Bridgestone’s are known to have very stiff sidewalls. Goodyear’s as a comparison have a softer tyre wall which will give the car a different feel. But both are good tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stay away from the Pirelli's. had them on one of my EP's and they were awful.

Thanks.

Should I be taking this website into consideration from the reviews?

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

With a pinch of salt.
Some people will rate budget tyres good because they’ve never had an expensive tyre. Some tyres work/feel better depending on the car which can make a good tyre look bad if it doesn’t suit that vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back