• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting FN2 seats to an EP3

Hey guys,

I know this has been discussed before but after a lot of searching I cannot find a definitive guide/answer.

I know by default the FN2 seats dot not fit the EP3 as the rails require modifying. Then there is also the fact that the plastic at the bottom of the seats will slightly touch/rub against the plastic of the car but that can be trimmed slightly.

So my question is, does anyone have this conversion done and if so could you please walk me through what needs doing exactly before I commit to buying the seats?

They are so much cheaper than the Premier/30th Annni seats and look more comfortable too. Only disadvantage I can see is the weight being slightly bit more but that doesn't bother me.

Cheers!

I've had an Fn2 and two premier ep3s. The premier seats are more comfy in my opinion, not much in it.

I've had an Fn2 and two premier ep3s. The premier seats are more comfy in my opinion, not much in it.

Premier seats in mint condition including rails run upwards of £700. FN2 seats in mint condition are £200 give or take. That's a lot in it :D

The only advantage i see in the premier as far as a seat goes, is the adjustable leg lumbar thing, which I don't mind missing out on.

Ideally I would get DC2 seats if I had £700 burning a hole though.

Bump to this topic.

There are a few other topics on this forum from when people have asked and yes there are a few pictures of the seats inside an EP3 but all the information I keep getting is "custom rails". Does anyone have or know of an actual guide to what exactly needs modifying on the rails?

Like can I just take the rails off my EP3 seats and put them on the FN2 ones? If so will I potentially just need a spacer or something?

Any information about this will be highly appreciated, I really couldn't find a lot online :(

I had these in mine when I bought it, but I found the pre-facelift EP3 seats to be the best overall for comfort and support. The later recaros are just for looks and scene points.

Make sure you sit in some before you buy :)

Yeah I am about to tomorrow, for a 2 hour journey mind you :D

And really? Pre-facelift EP3 are identical to facelift ones though, just a colour change no ? (Non Premier that is).

Yeah I am about to tomorrow, for a 2 hour journey mind you :D

And really? Pre-facelift EP3 are identical to facelift ones though, just a colour change no ? (Non Premier that is).

See you tomorrow anyway - but I did a round trip to Oxford last weekend in mine and had no comfort issues - and I'm 6'4" & 17+ stone with long legs!

See you tomorrow anyway - but I did a round trip to Oxford last weekend in mine and had no comfort issues - and I'm 6'4" & 17+ stone with long legs!

Yep now that I've sat in them for a total of 3 hours at least today, I am more than happy to say that I will be sourcing a set and doing whatever I need to do to make them fit :D

Back