• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HID/Zenon headlamps and new MOT directive

From this month my mot centre said that aftermarket fitted HID/Zenon bulbs will be a failure. I got in under the wire last month but they said next year l would have to fit standard bulbs for the test Not to be failed. Boring.

Yes it's a pain in the ass. Admittedly only takes a couple of minutes to pop the normal ones in, but still....
Aftermarket HID dodgy install wiring, non-white colour and dazzle should be passed\failed testers discretion, but a total ban is easier for the DoT to write so there you go.

Hi chaps, does anyone know what the current legal stance on aftermarket HIDs is? I picked up my FN2 on Monday and have realised that the dipped beam is an aftermarket kit, with lots of very irate drivers seemingly being blinded by them (last night was the first time driving in the dark!).

Is it fairly easy to return to standard bulbs?

Should be easy enough to swap it back to standard. Most HID kits are plug and play.

Back