• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Led sidelight bulbs recommendations

Thinking of getting some led sidelight bulbs for the ep3, has anyone changed theirs without issue? Recommendations? Ta

Thanks. No issue putting led bulbs in? Don't know much about bulbs etc but read things about canbus error free and don't know what it means :p

They're a little awkward to get to (unclipping around the wheel well), but yeah, easy-enough.

The EP3 isn't a CANbus equipped vehicle so it doesn't matter.

The only bulb you'd have issues with changing to LED is indicators because the flash timing would be affected, in that case you'd need to get an electronic relay to replace the existing one.

Excellent, thanks. I only want to change the sidelight bulbs as they're a bit feeble.

Yeah, I suspect they're covering themselves legally. I've been through two MOT and a Honda service with them though so I don't expect any issues.

They're a nice colour but it'd be nicer if they could project backward better to catch the reflectors more.

The ones I'd really like are ones I saw on an Accord at one point since they did exactly that. Trying to find out what they are however is proving difficult.

I like the Philips Xtreme vision products - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OYT1322/ - but that's mostly because I really like Philips lighting, whether it's home or automotive.

Thanks. No issue putting led bulbs in? Don't know much about bulbs etc but read things about canbus error free and don't know what it means :p
Was about to recommend the same! I fitted a pair to Bob, they only work one way around so test before you pop them back into the headlight.

Amazing compared with LED 'bulbs' of the past.

Bought some osram for a tenner.

Attachments

• sketch-1525550619410.png
    sketch-1525550619410.png
    968.9 KB · Views: 9
Back