• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Went to see about a demonstration today ( wow)

I’m not sure if this is correct .

Passing by local dealer who have a Red GT . Had a look around it while missis and kids were in car as it was raining . As I was getting back into my car a salesman came out and asked if I wanted help and at this point the rain was getting heavy and I asked him how would I go about a demo of the Type R GT they have .. his response was .. 24 hours notice , £100 deposit , taken out for 25 minutes (dire roads and loads of traffic) £100 refundable ............. if I buy the car !!!

WTF !!!

Is this right or are they profiteering with this ? Seems excessive for 25 minutes !

That's BS. They'll never sell any if you can't test drive them back to back with competitors... Are you expected to lose £100 to every dealer you don't buy from?! Tell them to eat a bag of d1cks and go elsewhere.

That’s what I thought . He was not interested or it was because I had 2 small boys in the car and he was really bothered about getting wet . I’ve just messaged the actual dealership via Facebook messenger to see what they actually say .

Funny thing is if he denies it he’s on camera ( well voice anyway) as dash cam was recording and my driver door was open .

I’m not sure if this is correct .

Passing by local dealer who have a Red GT . Had a look around it while missis and kids were in car as it was raining . As I was getting back into my car a salesman came out and asked if I wanted help and at this point the rain was getting heavy and I asked him how would I go about a demo of the Type R GT they have .. his response was .. 24 hours notice , £100 deposit , taken out for 25 minutes (dire roads and loads of traffic) £100 refundable ............. if I buy the car !!!

WTF !!!

Is this right or are they profiteering with this ? Seems excessive for 25 minutes !

What? When I was interested I went to the Honda UK website, pressed the option to request Test Drive and I got a phone call to go and test the car from a nearby dealer, two days after I had the test drive, the day after that I ordered. (Then had to wait 3 months for the car to be built, but that is another issue!)

This is the reply I have just had lol !!

Hi John, apologies if you were made to feel that way and I have spoken to the sales executive concerned.

Our deposit policy is set at company level for unaccompanied test drives and is unfortunately non-negotiable. However, This is waived for accompanied test-drives with one of our sales team.

Back