• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Snapped bonnet release handle

Hey guys and girls, ive just snapped my bonnet release handle right off in the cabin.... obviously my hulk like power was too much for it to handle... :).

Can i just replace it or do i need to do the whole dam cable and everything?.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tom, the pliers will have to do for now. It looks like id have to replace the whole cable and everything if i want to use an OEM one at the cost of 30 odd quid. Ive just bought an adaptor on fleebay for 14 quid.... issue resolved.

That adapter works perfectly, fitted one recently. Stripping the plastic back on the oem cable is a bit fiddly

That's the one. You have to strip the plastic back about 3cm from the end to reveal the metal centre, it has a couple of indents that the fixing threads "bite" so it doesn't simply slide off. That's how I did it anyway :)

Awesome, thanks buddy. Is the plastic trim a pain to get off?..... Ill get the Dremel out on this one i think....

Not too bad mate, there is a recessed twist clip but mine pulled out with a bit of persuasion.

Did mine few weeks back mate, give me a text if you want info.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Back