• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Blue Smoke

Alright everyone

I just went to the shop left the engine running came back reversed back and Blue Smoke come out my exhaust
No EML on what happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong type of oil? What type/rating are you running? Whenever I buy a car I tend to replace most of the fluids right away unless there's some good documentation about it having been done.

If it's not that then maybe worn rings or valve guides, both causes of oil burn. Get a compression test and it might yield more info maybe?

Wrong type of oil? What type/rating are you running? Whenever I buy a car I tend to replace most of the fluids right away unless there's some good documentation about it having been done.

If it's not that then maybe worn rings or valve guides, both causes of oil burn. Get a compression test and it might yield more info maybe?

Sicne purchased iv changed all fluids
Genuine gear oil and break fluid
5w40 Shell Helix
Pistons :(

100% sure it was blue and not just white smoke which is condensation in the exhaust?

Yeah definitely blue did smell of oil
Iv been driving all day since that's happened but no blue smoke as of yet

mine did this once-but noticed it when moving back with clutch alone -so like almost when engines about to stall then you give it some gas-puffed a little blue smoke, but my TDI does it too but that like greyish smoke and i've seen many cars do it

as long as it doesnt smoke on Vtec then hopefullly you should be ok ...but this is my opinion

see what the wizards say like Chris above

mine did this once-but noticed it when moving back with clutch alone -so like almost when engines about to stall then you give it some gas-puffed a little blue smoke, but my TDI does it too but that like greyish smoke and i've seen many cars do it

as long as it doesnt smoke on Vtec then hopefullly you should be ok ...but this is my opinion

see what the wizards say like Chris above

No it don't smoke on vtec

Back