• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Shell V-Power

Hi all,

I always try to fill my car with the best fuel that I can. My most regularly visited fuel stop is Shell as I like their V-Power Fuel.

Filling up this morning I noticed it was per 1.419 per litre!!!

When did that creep up? I've been paying 1.32 - 1.34 recently which I thought was expensive...

Where do you guy's fill up and what are you paying?

I use Tesco Momentum 99 but even that is up from 123.9 to 135.9 at the moment (Manchester).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Dirty DERV I fill up wherever is cheapest, usually Morrison's. Recently it's had 2 tanks of premium devil juice just to give the injectors a bit of a clean. That was pricey.

For the B16 I use 97/99 RON, generally Tesco as it's around 10p cheaper than my local Shell V-power which is high 1.30s. With a 17 litre tank it's hardly a bank breaker though :lol:

I switched from V to tesco momentum, found the car burbles and pops more :lol:
£1.32.9 for me

I am in the industry and in a nut shell its at $80 a barrel at the moment, anticipated to rise to $100 over the coming months. Quick reasons: supply kept in check, so no over supply. Every economy doing well pushing up demand, Trump's pulling out of Iran deal means people see Iran being frozen out so a short in supply blah de blah and you're all asleep...

Shell V power for me, never check the price just always do £30 worth roughly half a tankish, much to the annoyance of the missus.... Full tank means heavier car, never go full.

£30 must be near full, mines £48 full and the 8 has a smaller tank.
My in-law does the half tank fill ups, he says it's more economical to half fill, :smt017 it's more like he's just a tight arse and doesn't like seeing ££
I get just over 2 weeks out of a full tank yet 1 week on a half tank, fill up and forget about it for 2 weeks is how I see it

Nearly always standard unleaded in the FK2 £126.9
On occasion, Tesco Momentum 99 as it contains ethanol (unlike V-power) to boost the Turbo's happy fun times. Was £139.7 last time.

Both the EP3's get 95 and whatever is cheapest at that.

Stagea I prefer to put Tesco 99 in because 10p a litre less than VPower makes a difference over a 64l tank.

£30 must be near full, mines £48 full and the 8 has a smaller tank.
My in-law does the half tank fill ups, he says it's more economical to half fill, :smt017 it's more like he's just a tight arse and doesn't like seeing ££
I get just over 2 weeks out of a full tank yet 1 week on a half tank, fill up and forget about it for 2 weeks is how I see it

Its true ha, heavier car, more energy needed to hit desired speed, lower MPG...

full tank is like being 3 up and ones a fattie

I used to have the same thinking Re: half tanks. I could certainly feel it in the EP3 when the tank was full. In the end, doing 16k a year, half filling twice a week became tedious and I moved to full tanks. It's only a couple days above full anyway so hardly worth the effort IMO. Especially when your 'local' shell is 6 or 7 miles away.

I used to have the same thinking Re: half tanks. I could certainly feel it in the EP3 when the tank was full. In the end, doing 16k a year, half filling twice a week became tedious and I moved to full tanks. It's only a couple days above full anyway so hardly worth the effort IMO. Especially when your 'local' shell is 6 or 7 miles away.

A friend of mine did the half tank filling too which is fine for short runs etc but like you I've always racked up the miles and it's just easier to go tank to tank and not mess about filling up so often.

I normally use BP Ultimate, just over 130 in Eastbourne.
Got 33+ mpg last weekend on round trip to Oxford - was going sensibly with only the odd vtec episode.

I've only used V Power in my FK8 but have been noticing the price rising sharply in recent weeks.
It's around 1.43 a litre here.

Since having Type R's and a number of other performance cars from 2005 or so, the only difference I've ever noticed between V Power and Tesco Momentum (or whatever they've both been called over the years) is the price.

Since having Type R's and a number of other performance cars from 2005 or so, the only difference I've ever noticed between V Power and Tesco Momentum (or whatever they've both been called over the years) is the price.

My FK8 has only had Tesco Momentum, didn't have a Shell nearby at the beginning and then I decided that I wasn't even going to try V-power...

Back