• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Shell V-Power

crushed avocado, poached eggs and chilli oil mate is the breakfast of champs - embrace it
As a chef I can appreciate that!! I have a similar dish on the menu using chilli flakes, basil oil and pumpkin seeds

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Got caught short Thursday so had to use shell V power this morning, 9p more a litre than Tescos momentum :eek:
Cost me over 60 quid to fill up :(

I got really caught short on the way back from seeing Dotty the other day (cheers for the wheels fella). I had to stop at Fleet Services for a splash and dash & was worried I didn't quite have enough to get home and then there's the usual struggle crawling through the dartford tunnels.

but it was definitely only a splash and dash because the robbing sods were charging £1.53 a litre for Shell V-Power. yeah, £20 for little over 13 litres. and would've been nearly £80 if I had been stupid enough to brim it. honestly those garages must survive on "daft tourists" and company car owners with fuel cards.

but it was definitely only a splash and dash because the robbing sods were charging £1.53 a litre for Shell V-Power. yeah, £20 for little over 13 litres. and would've been nearly £80 if I had been stupid enough to brim it. honestly those garages must survive on "daft tourists" and company car owners with fuel cards.

It's mostly the latter. When I get sent out on customer visits I always fill up to the brim with the most expensive fuel I can find :D

It's mostly the latter. When I get sent out on customer visits I always fill up to the brim with the most expensive fuel I can find :D

:lol: - and the government probably doesn't even care, the higher the price the more they get in VAT contributions. probably a win-win for them.

enjoy it while it lasts boys....soon we will all be looking for charging points and you will pay double today's prices just to get a few gallons of the good stuff and hear the sound of an internal combustion engine...

I work for BP and we can see the writing on the wall so have invested in a charging company - expect Ultimate pumps to be replaced with charging ones soon!! :mad:

Will be doing a lot more traveling for work soon across the UK! Any tips to improve MPG for the motorway, does everyone use comfort mode on the motorway? :p

Will be doing alot more traveling for work soon across the UK! Any tips to improve MPG for the motorway, does everyone use comfort mode on the motorway? :p

aircon off, tape up the panel gaps, and remove the spoiler (it's probably creating drag until you get over 100mph) :lol:

oh and as I found on the way to the Channel Tunnel in France if you deliberately go really slow (45-50mph) as I had to to let someone catch up (we were on the same booking reference for our crossing) you can easily get 45mpg+

hope this helps :p

Might just type r mode it all the way haha. Work uses the goverment 0.45p per mile claim back expense, not sure if i'll be out of pocket travelling for work with v-power.

I’ve actually been using momentum in the m2 (with the odd v power fill) I’ve not noticed any difference. Other than the 4-5pm’s saving.

Might just type r mode it all the way haha. Work uses the goverment 0.45p per mile claim back expense, not sure if i'll be out of pocket travelling for work with v-power.
45p a mile is plenty as it is supposed to take into account wear and tear and depreciation.

I've only ever gone over 30 pence per mile in one car and that was my Subaru WRX STi.

The FK2 averaged 16.84 pence per mile during my ownership.

45p a mile is plenty as it is supposed to take into account wear and tear and depreciation.

I've only ever gone over 30 pence per mile in one car and that was my Subaru WRX STi.

The FK2 averaged 16.84 pence per mile during my ownership.

Thats great, thanks for this info, was gettting worried i'll be out of pocket!
Will look forward to enjoying my car a bit more as I've been mainly commuting by train since i've had it!
This work project will allow me to make the most of my car, still not tested lane keep assist and cruise control yet.

Back