• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Klashinikov's Sonic Grey Pearl FK8

Can't tell if being sarcastic :confused:

Anyway, It's lovely in the flesh.

Ordered yesterday, taking delivery next week. Pics to follow.

Nope, I test drove one in that colour and really like it. If I purchased one then it's the colour I'd go for.

How the story began......

I was introduced to the Honda Type R badge through a friend of mine who owns a EP3. He took me out for a ride and I was hooked instantly. I had to have an EP3 in my life. So in July 2012, I picked up a mint 2006 Premier Edition EP3 and I loved every minute of ownership. Then after a few months the modification bug hit me. After reading on here what best mods to first I settled for.....

Eibach Pro Kit Lowering springs with camber arms and bolts
Braided brake lines
JDM mats
Tegiwa intake
Skunk megapower full catback

I had the EP3 for 7 faultless years. It was cherished by me even though it had 6 previous owners. No expense was spared on keeping in top condition. MOT always passed with no advisories. Serviced every year. Then one day it started rattling near the catalytic converter. I thought it was the heatshield so I didn't think much of it as the car was due it's service and I was planning on getting it sorted. On a drive into Central London the EML came on. GREAT!!!

The next day, I popped into my local independent to have the code read. It was at this point my heart was broken. It came back that the catalytic converter was broken. I was so upset that I had a little cry. Now I could have had it repaired but at the cost of almost £3000 as I wanted genuine parts but I was in the market for a new car and I was planning on selling up. So this issue forced my hand.

In the end ended up selling it for £3500 to a friends brother. He got a bargain. I was so sad to see it go I actually had a little weep :smt022

I always had my eye on a FK8 in Sonic Grey Pearl (The best colour IMO) so with this in mind I went to see my Honda dealer. If they could make the numbers work I was all in.

Went out for a test drive and instantly fell in love all over again. So with that I ordered my new car.

Picked her up last Friday and damn it's good. I mean really good. I suppose after having a EP3 for 7 years and jumping into a FK8 I would say that but trust me, it's epic. I can see why it has received so many awards and accolades.

The colour really pops in the sun. Green, grey and a hint of purple! Anyone who says it looks like primer needs their eyes tested!

Anyway some pics.....

FK8%20Front_zpsfoce0zgi.jpg

IMG_2536_zps4bx2o26b.jpg

IMG_2535_zps9ufsqsra.jpg

IMG_2534_zpsxuwvppu7.jpg

IMG_2533_zpsnpj1dxeo.jpg

IMG_2532_zpsugrnaunc.jpg

FK8%20side_zpsa4etdppo.jpg

IMG_2527_zpslasfc0uv.jpg

I've had so many people compliment on how good the car looks especially in this colour choice. It is a real head turner. People stop when they see me stuck in traffic and have a quick chat from the other side of the road.

Nice little story and a fantastic car you have there. I hope you cherish it and enjoy it as much as the EP3. I'm sure you will.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

The reason people tell you that it looks like primer, is because it does on pictures and when not in direct sunlight (think of Audi's nardo grey for example).

In direct sunlight it's amazing though I do agree. Lovely car, enjoy it mate

I'm not sure how to multi quote....

@dotty
This is my second R and my first turbo car but it is a fantastic car! For what you are paying for you get loads.

@C4Doc
I had a look at all the other colours and they are boring. When the sun hits the car it looks epic. Like i said Grey, Green and a hint of purple. Best colour IMO

@Brilliantsportyblue
GTFO. You just jealous :D/

That's the first pictures i have seen of that paint colour in sunlight. In most pictures the paint looks quite flat but in the sun it pops and looks really good.

Wow, very very nice, colour really does suit it, when the new shape came out I wasnt so sure of it, but, its really growing on me

Likewise the first time I’ve seen the colour in the sun, incredible! I find personally with these and the 2’s somehow Honda have designed two cars that don’t look all that special in photos (albeit very shouty) yet in the flesh in front of you they’re stunning cars, exert a real look of meaning business, lush example bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back