• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Burning oil

Since having a supercharger fitted my car is smoking like an old Vauxhall lol. It never smoked before the charger fitted has anyone had similar experience.

Since my last post I've had my timing changed and had things checked out. By all accounts two cylinders are down by 2% and the other two are down by 4% I've been told they are in a safe tolerance but it's still smoking and knocking. My mates seem to think it's top end I'm open to suggestions PLEASE help

As above I would first check and change the PCV, then if still the same and compression is low it COULD be rings, valve stem seals or is there an oil leak on the charger adding oil to the mix? I take it there is no oil i the water making it look milky?

The internet seems to suggest that there is an oil seal ring in the impeller shaft that is leaking oil to the discharge pipe and oil is entering the cylinder head chamber. You might have to start checking in the throttle body and inlet manifold for oil.

The people that fitted the super charger must know whats going on here.... if they do it all the time they must have seen it before and can then advise the best course of action.

Otherwise start disconnecting stuff until the smoke stops.

Back