• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Air con

When you say it has "packed up", what exactly do you mean? Does the compressor kick in when you push the AC button (you should notice the revs change when it does)? The reason I ask is, the AC relay in mine was knackered when I got the car, so the compressor would only work intermittently. I think a replacement part was about £20 from Tegiwa and solved the problem for me. When I took the old relay out,I noticed it would rattle if I shook it, so that might be worth checking. If that's all ok, then a re-gas is worth doing like Hazz said. If nothing else, it'll show you if there are any leaks in the system - I think the condenser/radiator is prone to stone damage.....

Hi there! My first post on here. Hopefully the first of many, because I bought my first type-R a week ago :D

Anyway, I have what I think is the same issue... AC works for about 5 minutes after starting the car, then just starts to blow warm air. When I first turn it on the engine revs change (same as turning AC off again). I just had the garage re-gas it and test for leaks, but they said they couldn't find a leak, so it would need further investigation.

Any ideas and photos of what to look at would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks guys.

Back