• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

Hey All

This thread might die on its ar5e but Id be interested to hear your top 3 things you'd like to see addressed or improved on the face lift. Here are mine:

1 - More torque - maybe 325 lb/ft out of the factory
2 - Exhaust note - few pops, couple of bangs or at least a bit of rasp
3 - An actual Fan speed and AC button on the dash instead of waiting for the laggy screen when you are cooking like a chicken

Fire away..

Subtle styling
Fewer doors
Delete Subaru bonnet scoop
Natural aspiration

Subtle styling
Fewer doors
Delete Subaru bonnet scoop
Natural aspiration

NA is dead (because emissions regs), I doubt that'll happen.

I do kinda wish they'd get away from the current styling cues though (on the NSX and FK8 both) and instead move more toward one of the S2000 concepts that did the rounds.
Something more like this:
2017-Honda-S2000-front.jpg

Rather than this:
New-Honda-S2000-Featured.jpg

The size of the damned thing. It's too big for a hatch, if they wanna do another Type R Accord, sure, go for it. I know this is a losing battle, but I can dream.

ha glad you are taking into account 'face lift' and keeping it realistic!!! :)

Bah, and likewise, humbug! :)

EDIT:
More seriously though:
  • A slightly toned-down fake-grille business front and rear; I have a feeling this will make it look like a brick because of the bumper sizes (unless they round off the edges significantly)
  • A much-improved headunit/centre-console (and if they're changing the electronics here then a bit more flexibility on user-settings, so you can mix and match spring damping vs. steering etc. rather than just the presets)
  • Slightly more upmarket controls (more metals, less see-through creaky plastics like on the steering wheel)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some sort of warranty friendly tuning package from Mugen (like Mountune do for ford)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Some sort of warranty friendly tuning package from Mugen (like Mountune do for ford)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

100%, they'd make a fortune...off me if I knew my warranty would be in tact. 3 RS in my area, not 1 standard, all mountune'd up

1. The ability to set steering, throttle response in all modes
2. Do something with the rear grills
3. add a bit more of a throatier exhaust

It's too big to feel really at home on narrow roads...but you can't do anything about that without totally changing the car...or introducing a coupe no bigger than a GT86 with the FK8 engine and handling capability.
Prelude type R?

Now we're getting somewhere :lol:

Straight 6 3.0l vtec would have been nice. I was jesting when I said N/A earlier, but in the same token I'll never buy factory boosted R. Not ever. I couldn't give a toss about ring times or records, top trumps, call it what you like. It's not important. What's important is the character of the thing and to me, they're just not Hondas anymore... or at least, they've lost the aspects of the character that attracted me to Honda and the type R in the first place.

It's too big to feel really at home on narrow roads...but you can't do anything about that without totally changing the car...or introducing a coupe no bigger than a GT86 with the FK8 engine and handling capability.
Prelude type R?

Or, y'know... Integra Type R

I had a 5th gen Prelude, and all the complaints I had about it were features of the 'teg, like: put wheels closer to the corners (reduce overhang), make cabin larger, etc.

Straight 6 3.0l vtec would have been nice. I was jesting when I said N/A earlier, but in the same token I'll never buy factory boosted R. Not ever. I couldn't give a toss about ring times or records, top trumps, call it what you like. It's not important. What's important is the character of the thing and to me, they're just not Hondas anymore... or at least, they've lost the aspects of the character that attracted me to Honda and the type R in the first place.

Why an inline rather than V? Inline's fine for something with a front aspect like the F-Type, GTR, etc. but there's no way you could sensibly do it with a hatch without making the car even more preposterous.

Also, Honda used to make a 5cyl engine (the G series), could be interesting to resurrect that as a tradeoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not wrong, I just like the inline engine noise, a V-vtec would be almost as cool though.

just a simple ask from me, a CD player please.

oh and while you're there, the ability to bluetooth connect to Android Auto / Apple Carplay without needing to be "wired" in.

and be nice to have both devices on tap for incoming calls (I have a work and separate personal phone).

1. Independent adjustment of dampers, steering and throttle (or just one setting that works - so old fashioned)
2. 5 seats
3. Less/no lag on the infotainment

hmm, yeah maybe more difference between 'Sport' and '+R' as both very similar to me...

I always whack it in R anyway come to think of it

Back