• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

Something similar but a tad shorter, bit more of a manly hard ride, temp gauges, more "raw" in the driving, slimmer buckets, quad exhausts.....

To not be so butt ugly.

To not be so butt ugly.

To not be so butt ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The realistic suggestions for ‘facelift’:-
Safety camera warnings on sat nav
Auto door lock when setting off/moving
Independent driver settings (as mentioned above)
Ability to deactivate ACC but still have CC
Red seats in back (aka FD2)

1. more power / torque and a better sounding exhaust
2. new paint options , phoenix yellow, a green like bmw's signal green would look good and a dark midnight blue would be nice. a white thats actually white rather than cream.
3. better quality cabin materials.

First Type R here and only had it 4 weeks now. Loving it.

For the wife and I it feels perfect and so much fun.

If I was to be nick picky at this stage and I don't have the experience of other forum members on the brand.

1. Auto door lock when setting off/moving (didn't know you couldn't be but still playing and reading the huge manual)
2. Oil temperature gauge
3. Hydraulic valve lifters on the engine (I knew before purchasing that they are screw and lock nut and need adjusting). Not had this done since owning a Peugeot 205 GTi!

can you?? Where? *Edit* Oh you're talking about the Fk2 aren't you

Also, can someone advise on point number 3, Valve lifters? That would be done by the wonderful people at Honda each service right? Welcome Marco by the way, what colour miles etc?

In previous incarnations the valve clearances were checked every 25k and adjusted at 75k unless out of spec during a scheduled check of course. It should say in your service manual.

Mechanically adjusted valvetrain withstands hard driving / high rpm better than hydraulically adjusting items.
I’d rather stick with mechanical tbh and I believe Honda have rather than introduce something which could prove unreliable.

Been mentioned already but for me..

1. Personalised damper/steering/throttle settings. - this annoys me as it would be as simple as a software upgrade to implement.
2. twin side or single exhaust (I've never been a fan of centre exhausts)
3. 3 door version.

Only picking 3 wasn't easy, I'd like to see a volume knob and an infotainment system not powered by a potato too but there we go

Less reliable, more weight, more complex, taller head (and they already have enough issues in that department), etc.

1 Rear end sorted, less plastic and quads.
2 FK2 seats and driving modes interchangeable as above
3 Less SUVish front end

Been mentioned already but for me..

1. Personalised damper/steering/throttle settings. - this annoys me as it would be as simple as a software upgrade to implement.

What combo would you guys have? Sport Steering, Comfort Suspension, +R Throttle?

Back